27. Inari's Pep Talk

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 5}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~November 14~~~

(3rd person POV)

"...But what you never seem to consider, or rather what you won't allow yourself to believe...is that the boy is actually fond of you.

He not only likes you, but he trusts you too."

All of the Bijuu were astonished by Inari's words. They were definitely not expecting something like that to happen, especially in this current era where Bijuu were despised by all humans.

"In this current point of time in the world where humans only hunt you Bijuu for your power, and seal you into vessels as the worst form of punishment for wrongdoers Kazan is willing to protect both you and all 8 of you siblings from those who are hunting you.

Even though the primary person who is hunting you is Madara Uchiha, the boy's own great-grandfather, he is still unwavering in his goal of protecting you.

I know its difficult to accept, but it's the truth."

Kurama was silent as he continued listening to Inari.

"Kazan does not see any you as sources of power or beasts of destruction, he sees you as living beings with emotions and desires. And he wants to help you.

It is not clear through my visions but I truly believe that if you were to open up to this boy, you could alter the final prophecy and change it for the better.

Kurama. If you dominate his chakra system, Indra won't have as much control and you could prevent this terrible chain reaction from ever happening.

Going back to Chomei's question, the reason I am speaking to all of you is to convince you to do the same.

Help each other in this time of difficulty. Cease your opportunity to get better lives. Because after 2 millennia, you finally have the chance to start over and bring actual peace to this world.

If you can stop Indra's plan and keep Kazan on the right path together, you will not only prevent disaster, but you might finally get the praise and recognition Hagoromo wanted for all of you. 

The praise and recognition you all deserve for the hardships you've been through.

Indra and Kazan are both the problem and the key.

I understand you don't trust humans, but I am not asking you to trust Kazan. I am just asking you to assist and guide him.

Take your time and consider it.

That is all I ask from the 9 of you."

By the end of that sentence Inari's figure had faded away and disappeared from the psyche plain leaving the Bijuu there in complete silence.

It was a really difficult decision to make.

After how badly humans have treated them, they were reluctant to step in and help them. Especially in a way like this that involved one of them sharing their chakra.

As more time passed, one by one they left the psyche plain until Kurama was all alone there with the most conflicted expression on his face, before he too left and returned to the mindscape of his Jinchuuriki.

Linking his field of vision to Kazan's he saw the boy staring at a fragment of Inari in his fox from.

The small fox gave him an expression of pity through the seal to which Kurama responded by shifting his gaze away.

Having nothing else to do on this planet, Inari got up and walked away, returning to the forest that he appeared in.

(Kazan POV)

After about 2 minutes of staring at the strange fox, it suddenly just got up and left, going back to the forest it came out of.

"What was that?"

I suddenly sense a feeling of negativity in the pit of my stomach. But not the usual hateful negativity Kyuubi leaks when sensing Kuro around me.

It was more of a hurt or sad negativity.

This made me question the strange white fox even more as I had a hunch that it had something to do with Kyuubi's sudden sadness.

"What are you staring off into space for this time?" a familiar irritating voice sounded from behind me.

"Nothing your immature, simpleminded brain would understand." I say plainly while turning my gaze to the swirly faced Zetsu clone.

He huffed in a hurt tone of voice.

"Hmph!

You've been spending way too much time with Obito."

He started mouthing off about something but I zoned out and completely cut myself off.

~time skip~

~~~November 16~~~

(still Kazan POV)

Even days after it happened I was still wondering about that strange fox.

But that wasn't the only thing bothering me.

I was reminded of my problem with Indra every single time I saw my reflection.

More and more of my hair was turning black and I could feel the darkness of his chakra spreading through my whole system.

Then on one particular day, I woke up to find that all of my hair was now completely black. Not a single red strand was visible.

I sighed already knowing what came next.

(Kabuto POV)

Obito and Lord Orochimaru were talking in the other room (more like Orochimaru was trying to calm the panicked Uchiha down) and of course since we were alone I had to start teasing Kazan.

"When I said living with so many Uchiha would turn you into one of them I was joking.

You didn't have to take it so literally."

Kazan side glanced at me with that familiar soul piercing glare as his expression clearly read that he was on the point of restraining and strangling me.

"With what detailed messages your facial expressions hide I don't know why you always have to walk around with a poker face.

You should smile more often.

.

.

.

Before you forget how to."

(3rd person POV)

The Uchiha and snake Sannin could hear the sound of Kabuto choking and gasping for air from the other room. They turned their attention to the two and saw Kabuto restrained with Adamantine chains while Kazan had him in a headlock.

However, because things like this were a regular occurrence between the two boys they did nothing about it, knowing that Kazan would eventually calm down and stop choking Kabuto.

It might not be any time soon, but it would happen before the silvertte could pass out.