52. Doomed pt.1/3

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 7}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~December 11~~~

(3rd person POV)

After Kazan teleported away with Inari Mikaboshi burst out into a fit of rage.

"If that brat is with elder brother then there's nothing I can do to him.

Although...

I may be able to draw him out by targeting his comrades. After all, their trivial bonds always end up being the downfall of these humans.

Even that stoic brat has got to have someone here that he values more than his own life."

'Now let me see...according to Princess Kaguya's little demon spawn the boy has two blood relatives that also lived under that infuriating Uchiha's control for some years.

His second cousin Uchiha Obito, who Yako is in an alliance with and then there's Uzumaki Nagato, the brat's maternal uncle...

Considering their skills and potential usefulness Obito is a much more reliable source of power and easier to manipulate, so killing him would be a waste.

Nagato on the other hand...'

A bone chilling evil smirk formed on Mikaboshi's face.

"Looks like I've got my target.

And what do you know, his chakra signature is right in that building over there.

This is gonna be easy and yet, so entertaining..."

As he ended his sentence off, a black swirl of chakra engulfed him only to disappear as his physical form split into 9 smaller portions, one heading straight for the Amekage tower and the other 8 spreading across the village.

~time skip~

The village was in absolute chaos.

Even with a hundred Shinobi fighting together, they couldn't so much as graze one of Mikaboshi's 8 fractions.

As the common ranked Shinobi along with the help of some Akatsuki members dealt with the 8 fragments spread across the village, Nagato Shisui and Obito dealt with the 9th inside of Obito's Kamui dimension.

It made sense for the 3 strongest Shinobi to deal with the strongest fragment, no that a numbers advantage was much of an advantage when fighting a literal god.

Their inflicted wounds, drained chakra levels, and continuously failing strategies only proved this statement to be true.

As the trio struggled on, jutsu after jutsu failing to either hit or inflict damage on him, Mikaboshi only wore the same bone chilling smirk on his face, his unnatural crimson eyes piercing straight through them and into their souls making the fight all the more difficult as ever instinct they have told them to run away.

The situation had escalated extremely fast, as Inari only left the mortal realm with Kazan only 2 minutes ago. Yet in that short timeframe, all hell broke loose in the center of the village.

Buildings had crumbled, landscapes were set ablaze. Corpses littered the streets like piles of leaves on an autumn afternoon and terrified civilians were gathering together on the outskirts of the rural area to ensure their safety.

After a while of struggling against one of the lesser fractions Itachi had managed to make the spirit retreat by setting it ablaze with the Amaterasu.

Since he had come back from a 3 day long mission just hours prior, his chakra levels were low, and dealing just that one attack with his Mangekyou took a toll on him.