18. the New Recruits pt.1/3

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 4}

Timeline: Before Naruto part 1

~~~still October 6~~~

(Kazan POV)

Nobody told me about any new recruits so the first chance I got I questioned Aniki about it. He confirmed that there were indeed new recruits in the base.

"And exactly how long have they been here?" I asked.

"We went to get them 3 days after taking you to Ame. I thought you sensed them already." Aniki replied.

"How could he have sensed them if the rooms are in the dungeon and all protected in a barrier than blocks chakra?" a Shiroi Zetsu clone asked.

Aniki disregarded the clone's topic and told me he had to get to a mission. And just like that he left and I was stuck with Four Eyes and Swirly to watch me.

Just a bit after he left, Orochimaru came from out of the underground rooms where was assuming the mysterious new recruits were.

"Kabuto, our task here is done. We should be leaving now.

Go and pack up the medical kit." said the Sannin while facing the silver haired teen.

Kabuto then went down to get the supplies and I was now alone with Orochimaru.

"You seem a bit puzzled, young master. What's on your mind?" He spoke, now referring to me.

"Out of curiosity, Orochimaru, who are these new recruits I keep hearing about? Aniki didn't bother explaining before he left." I replied.

"So far I only know of Kisame Hoshigaki, Mangetsu Hozuki, and a young girl named Shikayoru Nara She was the one I had to patch up.

There are two others as well. But Madara exclusively told me not to enter the room where they were being held.

You'll have to ask him or Obito to know more."

At that moment Kabuto arrived and told Orochimaru that he had sealed everything away, handing the scroll to his master.

"Farewell, sweet child." Orochimaru bid me goodbye as he annoyingly ruffled my hair before exiting the base.

After that I spent my time playing shogi alone and reading book as usual when I sensed Ojiisan's presence enter the base.

After greeting him I asked him who the two other Shinobi were and what exactly they were recruiting them for.

"Obito needs them to rebuild the Akatsuki so gathering the Bijuu can be easier." He answered my first question.

There was a bit of silence after that.

"And who are the other two?" I asked again.

I could tell he didn't really want to answer but he did anyway.

"Their names are Itachi and Shisui Uchiha."

"Uchiha?

They're from our clan?"

He grunted in response and changed the topic, clearly not wanting to answer any of my questions related to the Uchiha.

He has always been like that.

It's why I always went to Aniki when I had questions related to the Uchiha.

(3rd person POV)

"Obito needs powerful Shinobi with great potential to rebuild the Akatsuki and complete our goal.

If you want to be a part of it, you better train hard."

Seeing the hesitant look his great grandson had on his face Madara questioned him.

"What if I don't want to be a part of the Akatsuki? Can I do something else instead?" he asks.

"We'll see.

Just train hard and master your skills. Once you do that I'll give you your own task to complete."

At that, Madara exits the room and Kazan goes back to reading his book.

However, he couldn't focus on it.

He needed answers. His brain was restless without them.

Even when Obito came home he wouldn't answer Kazan and the boy could tell that Madara was the reason behind that.

The boy was slightly irritated by that but still respected his great grandfather's wishes. After all, there had to be a reason behind why he wasn't allowed to know more about them.

It still bothered him though.

~time skip~

~~~October 9~~~

Kazan was sitting in the library and Swirly was being particularly irritating, whining about some stupid topic while next to the boy.

"Would. You. Please. Shut! Up!!"

The white Zetsu clone paused for a moment.

"You don't have to yell.

What's gotten into you? You seem irritated by something." Swirly spoke in his usual annoying tone of voice.

"More like someone." Kazan muttered under his breath.

"What was that?" swirly asked.

"Nothing. Just leave." Kazan said plainly, cutting himself off.

"Oh come on. Tell me." Swirly begged.

Kazan continuously said no but the meta-human kept bothering him, even poking his cheek.

That was enough.

Weaving a single hand sign, Kazan summoned a continuous stream of lightning around him, electrocuting the white Zetsu clone.

After that, Swirly definitely left him alone, and Kazan now more irritated than before muttered a few insulting words under his breath before returning to his book.

Or at least he was about to do so, when in the corner of his eye he noticed a figure in the doorway and directed his gaze towards them to meet with unfamiliar forest green eyes.

"Who are you?" he asked confused.