29. a Shadow with the Rinnegan

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 5}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~November 22~~~

(Kuro POV)

Shiroi and I have been away from the base for 2 days now. We were completing a spying mission given to us by Madara in the village of Kumogakure.

While spying on the requested target it was as if we were being spied on at the same time.

We both have the feeling that someone is watching us.

The uneasy sensation of piercing eyes on our back for hours on end. It was obvious someone was watching us from the shadows but each time we look, nobody was there.

Even after we sink into the ground and appear somewhere else, that same ghostly presence follows us. It's annoying.

We couldn't focus properly on or mission and Shiroi got paranoid resulting in us not being able to get anything done the first day.

When we returned to Madara's hideout the presence disappeared as if it were never there.

Then when we went out the next day it was the same thing all over again.

This happened repeatedly for a course of 4 days in total before I just got plain sick of it and demanded that the being following us just show themselves.

Instead the presence disappeared again and I growled with annoyance.

~~~November 25~~~

Shiroi and I were on a spy mission once again but we didn't once feel the presence behind us.

Since I called them out on following us yesterday, we didn't once feel eyes on our back or sense a trace of chakra in the shadows.

I had begun to think that I scared them away when suddenly, I was pulled out of reality and into another world.

I was confused and looked around with my guard raised.

It wasn't possible to put me into a Genjutsu, I am completely resistant to illusions. Even the Mugen Tsukuyomi won't work on me, so what was this?

"Who dares to transport me to a Genjutsu world?"

A clump of pitch black chakra appeared before me and manifested into the faceless figure of a man.

"Who are you?!" I asked with a growl.

He laughed at me.

"That is not important, Kuro Otsutsuki."

I tensed up hearing his words.

'He knows I am of Otsutsuki descent?! How?!!

How the hell does he know who I am?!! And who is he anyway?'

"One question a time, you demonic shadow."

I let out a breath of surprise.

'I didn't say that out loud. Did I?'

"No.

But you thought it. And I am able to read the thoughts of anyone I want using my mind hacking Genjutsu.

My identity is unimportant.

All you need to know is that I am just a spirit with certain connections." He said as he advanced towards me.