25. a Bijuu Two Otsutsuki and a Kami

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 5}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~November 14~~~

(3rd person POV)

Kurama lay dead silent inside Kazan's mindscape watching him carefully.

He noticed the boy's sudden increase of skill in Genjutsu as well as the whole situation of his hair color and DNA changing.

His gaze darkened and his concern began to grow.

With his Jinchuuriki's chakra constantly changing, Kurama began to clearly sense Indra's chakra inside of Kazan.

It was constantly active, spiking and dropping randomly through the day, but it was located way too deep inside of the boy's subconscious for him to do anything about it.

This irritated him causing yet another clump of negativity in Kazan's stomach.

So he entered his mindscape and spoke to the fox.

"Usually you're only this negative when you sense Kuro anywhere near me, but now it's happening all throughout the day and night.

What's going on with you?"

Kurama didn't respond.

He stayed quiet and just looked at the boy with an uncertain expression.

He didn't know if revealing the secret of Bijuu being able to talk was a good thing or a mistake.

Though Hagoromo 's spirit gave him advice, Kurama was still hesitant about it.

Each time he has ever gotten close with a human, he always ended up getting hurt and he wasn't prepared to go through yet another situation like that.

Not after what happened with Ashura and Indra.

Kazan was still half expecting an answer from him but after seeing the Bijuu's expression he gave up.

"Fine.

You don't want to talk and I respect that. You don't have to respond, Kyuubi.

Maybe just try to keep the negativity on the low down?

I can't have another dark chakra constantly contaminating my system."

Kazan sighs.

"Indra's is enough." he mutters under his breath.

Kurama's ear twitches at the sound of the Otsutsuki's name.

He was tempted to ask Kazan how he knew Indra but he abruptly stopped himself and as a result the opportunity slipped through his fingers as the boy left.

After that, the fox just kept watching as Kazan practiced his Genjutsu in secret.

Watching him train reminded Kurama more and more about his days helping Indra train.

However, Kurama wasn't the only spirit watching Kazan throughout the day.

In a realm unreachable to mortals was a man in white robes with pure white hair and piercing ice blue eyes. His figure emitted a brilliant light as blue chakra swirled around him while he looked down on the boy and his Bijuu from his domain in the sky with great interest clouding his eyes.

"It seems that even after your advice, Kurama is still hesitant, Hagoromo." he spoke with a gentle yet powerful voice.

Said late Sage simply exhaled with an expression of slight disappointment etched into his features.

"This outcome was expected, yet it is still rather disappointing.

However, we cannot force him to do something he does not want to. I am afraid it is out of my hands now.

I can no longer be of any assistance to you in this matter, old friend."

The white hared man merely closes his eyes and exhales through his nose in response to Hagoromo's words.

"Rather disappointing indeed.

However, just because it is out of your hands does not mean it is out of mine.

I will not force Kura to talk to the boy. But I will convince him to assist the lad in terms of chakra, skill, and strength.

With what I can decipher from all my visions involving Indra's present and future actions, young Kazan is going to need this help from Kura."

After ending his sentence, the white haired man stands up from his seat and Hagoromo once again turns his head to face him, with a surprised look on his face.

"Hold on.

Are you actually going down to the mortal realm to deal with this problem personally, Inari-sama?"

"Sort of.

My power is too overwhelming for the Earth to handle in it's present state. Going down there in my current form is liable to cause the planet to crumble and collapse in on itself.

So instead, I will send this."

Inari channels a strange looking energy into his hand and creates a small white fox with it, which he then uses his eye to transport away.

~back on earth~

Inari's fox appears in the forest area around Madara's base where Kazan was. It looks like an ordinary white fox, but it is actually a fraction of the deity himself in a different physical form.

'Although, now that I think about it, it'd probably be best to talk with all of the Bijuu about the current situation. As all 9 of them are being held responsible for the balance of creation and destruction in order to keep the peace, they have a right to know about their younger brother's little stunt.' he thinks to himself as he walks to where he senses Kazan.

(Kazan POV)

I was sitting outside sharpening a bunch of Kunai and Shuriken because Aniki told me to go out and get some fresh air for a change.

I expected to just sit there and do only that until I finished sharpening all my weapons but quite unexpectedly, a small white fox appeared out of the forest and approached me.

It came way closer than what other foxes would and calmly stood just under 2 feet away from me, not showing any sign of caution or hostility at all. Very out of character for a wild animal, especially for one of it's size inside a forest where shinobi often pass through or even battle.

I watched as it circled around me with it's head tilted and an expression of interest brimming from it's eyes before it came closer and sat down next to me holding eye contact.

Becoming suspicious of if this fox was a Ninken or a Kuchiyose, I activated my Sharingan to see if there was a chakra seal from an owner or summoner on him. I saw no seal on him, but I saw that he had some kind of strange chakra.

I raised an eyebrow at this because it wasn't ordinary chakra and there was a lot of it too.

"What are you?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes out of suspicion and slight distrust.