47. Manipulators and Their Victims pt.1/2

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 7}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~November 26~~~

(Obito POV)

Kazan has been more quiet than usual lately.

It was evident that his mind was occupied but each time I asked him what was bothering him he lied saying that it was nothing and every time I confronted him about this he still constantly refused to tell me the truth.

It was concerning.

While I was stuck worrying about him I failed to detect the chakra signature that suddenly appeared behind me.

"So you are the infamous Second Madara I've heard about so often."

Sensing the darkness in their aura I swiftly turned around with a Kunai in my hand and attempted to impale them.

Time seemed to slow down as I saw my hand pass right through them. It was like they were using Kamui.

Concluding that physical attacks wouldn't work, I quickly put some distance between us and scanned them up and down with my Sharingan.

'A black cloak with a white Kitsune mask. That dark chakra and a Rinnegan.

It's him!'

Realizing what big trouble I was in at the moment I warped into my Kamui dimension to escape him, but upon stepping into my time space I was immediately restrained by chakra chains and felt the sensation of a blade to my neck.

"Don't you dare think you can slip away from me that easily, Uchiha Obito."

'How did he get in here?!'

"Your Jikyukan Ninjutsu is useless against me.

I am tempted to kill you for using it against me but then again...killing off someone as skilled as you would be such a pity.

You could be such a useful asset to me. So what say you?"

"You really think I'd agree to work for someone like you, Black Fox?"

"Please. Call me Yako.

And I actually think that you will.

After all, shall you refuse I will take the lives of your wife, son, and adoptive brother. Just like I did to Madara."

And just like that he had me wrapped around his finger.

I couldn't resist him because then my family would die. And since he was able to not only beat but also kill Madara I stood absolutely no chance against him in a battle.

He was in complete control.

"Well?" he asked, still awaiting my answer.

After letting out a frustrated sigh, I surrendered and agreed.

From his eyes alone I could tell he was smirking, and he released the chakra chains that were binding me.

"So what exactly do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Nothing all that different from what you originally planned."

I looked at him confused.

"Madara told me about the Eye of the Moon Plan before I killed him.

I think that this plan of yours to gather the Bijuu and start a 4th war would be rather entertaining to take part in."

"We're not doing it to start a war. We're doing it to end all wars."

"But to end all wars you're going to start one.

Right or wrong?"

I didn't reply.

"My goal in this world is to start as much chaos as possible in order to make those in control of it open their eyes and start over so this broken reality can finally be fixed.

Reviving the Ten Tails seems like a good solution so I see no point in us butting heads any further."

"And you swear to me that you won't hurt them?" I ask.

"It seems Madara was being truthful about you.

You ARE way too soft to trust with just anything.

How does it feel knowing that the bonds you were supposed to sever years ago ended up being your downfall, Obito?

Had you done like he told you, you wouldn't be in this situation right now since I wouldn't have been able to use anything to manipulate you.

It's such a shame.

I love a good challenge. That would have been a lot nicer."

"You bastard."

He chuckled in amusement.

"That feisty attitude of yours will definitely be entertaining. I definitely look forward to working with you.

And by the way.

Not a word about this encounter nor our alliance to anyone. Or the only thing you can look forward to is a whole future of nothing but solitude."

He disappeared in a swirl of black chakra leaving me alone in my Kamui Dimension.

~meanwhile~

(3rd person POV)

In the Akatsuki's training ground, a serious expression suddenly overtakes Kazan's face.

He briefly sensed the Black Fox's chakra near Obito's before they both disappeared off the grid.

He was completely tense for the next few moments after that until finally Obito's chakra signature reappeared.

Checking the state of his life force Kazan found him to be perfectly unharmed, but despite that the boy was still agitated.

"It seems that the Black Fox has made his next move.

He's creeping closer to you and your comrades.

Will you really do nothing about that and risk losing them all?"