41. Suspicion

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 5}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~January 11 ~~~

(Unknown POV)

From my throne in my domain of the spirit realm I glance down at the fraction of Inari's Life Force roaming around in the mortal realm as he appear to be tracking the fraction of my Life Force.

I close my eyes and clench my jaw as the scene before me irritates me immensely.

'For millennia members of the human race have been in constant battle amongst themselves. Daily bloodshed and massacres leaving countless orphaned, traumatized, consumed by hatred, or without reason to live.

And despite having the power to instantly stop it, the White Kitsune remains in the Spirit Realm and does nothing but survey the situation.

Yet, the second I send a fraction of my life force to the mortal realm he departs from the comfort of his domain to exterminate my clone.

How vexing!'

I grit my teeth and clench my fist tightly as my rage boiled like a pot of water over an open flame.

'He uses pacifism as an excuse to do nothing about the warring states yet disregards that excuse and targets me when I attempt to fix his mistake.

I can just hear his lecturing voice in my ear.

"Violence I not the key."

The amount of times I've heard that phrase is severely annoying.

Tch!

What foolish ideology.

For a supreme deity, you sure are naïve, Inari.'

(Kazan POV)

As I walked towards the Akatsuki base I once again heard the padding of little paws following slightly behind me.

"So. You have a name or what?" I ask.

"Oh?

Why the sudden interest?

I thought you didn't trust me." He speaks.

"I don't.

But since you're a Kitsune, a supernatural Kuchiyose, I can't exactly get rid of you either.

And you've proved difficult to outsmart. So I figured that because I'm stuck with you, and because you make it extremely hard for me to ignore you, talking to you and accepting it is just the best and less annoying option." I explain.

"Smart.

Then again, you are a genius."

"Just answer my damn question already."

"Okay then.

If revealing my name has even the slightest chance of winning your trust then I am willing to talk.

But in exchange I ask you to keep wearing that poker face and not openly show surprise."

Like saying that was gonna make me trust him any more than I already did. If anything he just did the opposite.

"My name is Inari."

My breath hitched in my throat as I immediately froze in my tracks.

'Is he playing with me right now?