43. the Typhoon Federation

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 7}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~November 14~~~

(Kazan POV)

As of lately the Akatsuki have been more focused on completing local missions than completing any tasks per Ojiisan's order.

The group has become known as more of a second branch of the ANBU who specifically complete private tasks for the Amekage.

The mission ranking system of the Rain Village has now changed to D-C rank for Genin, C-B rank for Chunin, A-S rank for Jounin, SS-SSS rank for Anbu, and the newest T rank for Akatsuki.

Due to some difficulty in the Mist Village caused by the Black Fox, Aniki dispatched a duo of Akatsuki members to deal with the upraise of conflicts between Rogue Ninjas and Assassins to avoid a Civil War with the cover up story being that the Yondaime Mizukage (who was still under his Genjutsu) had hired the duo.

And ever since then, news spread to the other Kage and they began hiring Akatsuki members for extremely high ranked missions as well.

Bonds between Ame and other nations strengthened through this action and the village began to prosper even more than before, securing Nagato-oji's position as the 6th Kage in return gaining him more respect.

As a result of him becoming more recognized, smaller villages around Ame's borders that weren't under the rule of a Kage before formed an alliance with Ame and became known as the Typhoon Federation.

The alliance between Kusa and Ame was especially strong and the entire federation adapted the D to T Ranking System.

So in short, Ame is doing extremely well for itself, even during this difficult time with the Black Fox on the prowl.

You could call the Rain Village the glue that was keeping this broken world from crumbling in on itself and falling into a 4th warring state.

As for my training with Inari-sama, I have made significant progress over these last few months.

I have learned to detect all life force within a 5 kilometer radius around me, but no further than that. Inari-sama said it was my limit because I am a mortal and have limited access to Spirit Chakra but with more training there would be a possibility of me gaining more control over it.

After the first phase of my training was over Inari began teaching me how to use Spirit Chakra to perform special jutsu like creating things out of my own life force such as clones or even small animals that I could use as spies.

As a bonus he also taught me how to mark something using spirit chakra and then sense everything within a 200 meter radius around the marking or markings by focusing on all scattered portions of my own Spirit Chakra.

With this knowledge I was able to build a sensory system for the Akatsuki by marking their masks and now I am able to pinpoint their location even when they are in other nations.

(Yes they all wear masks with the Village symbol engraved on them just like the ANBU, and they are color coded instead of animal coded.

P.S, their color code is also their code name, e.g. Itachi is Crimson and Shisui is Emerald.)

It was due to this sensory system that I was able to pick up the Spirit Chakra of a certain someone in Kiri.

Shisui and Mangetsu were on the lookout for any more Rogue Ninja around more rural areas of the Mist Village when I sensed an ominous life force near them.

It felt similar to one of Inari-sama's fractions, only darker and with a suffocating amount of murderous intent.

(3rd Person POV)

Seeing the tense look on Kazan's face Obito questions him.

"Tell Shisui and Mangetsu to fall back immediately.

I sense the presence of the Black Fox near them and he isn't in the best of moods at the moment. Better not risk as encounter."

Obito used his mental link with the duo to warn them of the threat and they instantly halted and returned to the Akatsuki base via Shisui's teleportation jutsu.

When Madara later stopped by to question why he sensed the duo's chakra back in Ame Kazan explained to him what happened.

"And did you sense anything else?" Madara asked Kazan.

"A second Chakra signature was there with him.

Whoever they are, I suspect they are to blame for the sudden spike of attacks from missing-nin.

Like a general leading a force to battle per the king's order." Kazan answered keeping his gaze focused on the wooden General shogi piece in his hand.

"My suspicion..." he pauses before placing the piece back on the board.

"One of Kiri's 7 ninja swordsmen. Most likely a rogue with a fearsome reputation and a lot of connections."

"Your reason of suspicion on one of my former comrades specifically being?" Kisame asks.

"No "loyal" Shinobi in their right mind would pull a two faced stunt this risky.

The culprit has to be a Shinobi with selfish desires in their mind and no status to lose. Hence my opinion of them being a rogue.

If they aren't and they still claim to be loyal to Kiri as if they're doing a bad thing for a good reason, then give them an award for the most two faced stunt ever pulled in Shinobi history. 

Such a big lie they fooled themselves.

Then again.

People like the Black Fox can scramble your brain to the point where you'd believe any ridiculous lie they fed you as if your life depended on it, just for their own personal gain.

Manipulators who are near impossible to outsmart."

As he said this the image of Kuro Zetsu flashed through his mind.

After that meeting was over a group of White Zetsu were sent to Kiri to further investigate the matter.

It was then later discovered that Kazan's suspicion was indeed correct.

The direct cause of the sudden internal conflict in the Mist Village was due to the Black Fox conversing with the fearsome rogue, Zabuza Momochi, and using the swordsman to stir up chaos so he wouldn't have to physically appear.

Although, with the Akatsuki now exterminating all threats to the village and resolving the chaos "his fun was ruined" and now he had to "get his hands dirty and risk being discovered".

The last phrase left the Akatsuki confused, however Kazan immediately knew that the Black Fox did indeed suspect that Inari was on his case and was lying low to avoid extermination.

But the mystery remained.

Who exactly was the Black Fox and what was his relation to Inari?

Kazan would ask the White Kitsune these questions during their next training session.

But for now, he had another problem.

His impulsive and rage blinded older brother and great grandfather who now had it out for Zabuza.

How exactly would he handle this situation?