44. Ego or Dignity

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 7}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~November 15~~~

(Kazan POV)

Upon hearing that Zabuza was the reason that the Mizukage was losing power over Kiri, Aniki being his impulsive self as usual wanted to kill the swordsman.

Ojiisan did as well, but with his motive being that he wanted to purposefully foil the Black Fox's plan. Another act of provoking him to prove to the Rinnegan user that he wasn't an enemy to underestimate.

Your usual egotistical Uchiha consumed by his desire for revenge.

At least I was able to talk some sense into Aniki with Onee-chan's help, but Ojiisan wasn't exactly the type to listen to reason when his ego was on the line. As a result, he went to the Mist Village, captured Zabuza and according to a report from Swirly, was torturing the assassin to the point of death.

Knowing him, he was definitely going to kill Zabuza regardless of the fact that he had nothing to do with the previous situation between him and the Black fox.

And with what little I know about the Black Fox and his personality, his first act after losing an asset like Zabuza would be to kill Ojiisan and then the Akatsuki.

After some thought I decided that the small and temporary benefit Ojiisan would get from the situation was not worth the trouble and I immediately used Indra's Mangekyou to teleport to their location.

In other words, I was going to risk my life to stop Ojiisan from signing the death warrant for us all.

If the Black Fox was the kind of person to only target Ojiisan then in all honesty would have left him to face the consequences of his actions. But I wasn't about to let him drag the rest of us into this mess because of his desire to feed his ego.

When I arrived at the place where I sensed Ojiisan's chakra I found him choking the remaining life out of a half dead Zabuza.

I then used Indra's advanced Raiton jutsu to strike Ojiisan's right arm causing him to let go of Zabuza's neck before deactivating the Doujutsu and summoning Adamantine Chains to restrain him.

Sensing my chakra he glanced at me and demanded an explanation.

"Ojiisan, remind me. Who is more advanced in the category of sensory skills between the two of us?"

His formerly stern gaze turned into a sharp glare.

"And the point you are trying to make?" he asked sternly in a voice that held rage and killer intent behind it.

"That I can sense the amount of power an individual is suppressing better than you can.

And what I can tell from just a sliver of his chakra is that this Black Fox person is not human. His chakra is too massive for even the strongest of human bodies to contain.

I know you don't want to hear it, but he is well above your level. Possibly equal to or even higher than that of the Rikudo Sennin.

And you don't want someone of that level to have it out for you."

His onyx orbs glowed red as the all too familiar pattern of a 3 tomoe Sharingan appeared, proof that my Adamantine Chains weren't enough to suppress his power.

But despite his flaming glare burning a hole straight through me I continued.

"You may be an apex predator surrounded by prey, Ojiisan, but don't think that just because you're a lion in a world of sheep and jackals that you can go poking at an already aggravated bear.