17. a Ghostly Whisper pt.3/3

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 4}

Timeline: Before Naruto part 1

~~~still October 6~~~

(3rd person POV)

Kuro chuckling as he sees himself successfully achieve his goal. The more satisfaction he felt the louder he laughed until the point where he was straight up cackling like a psychopath.

"You can't help but become enraged at the mere sight of me.

You're just like that damn fox inside of you.

Better yet. You're just like Indra.

This won't be difficult at all. It's all such a breeze.

I will never fail in getting what I want!

That pattern in your eyes is proof of it."

Kuro begins laughing again and a look of confusion spreads across Kazan's face.

"P-pattern? What?" he mumbled to himself totally clueless and just puzzled.

Kuro finally stops laughing and says, "He's taking control."

At this, Kurama's eyes shoot wide open.

"You're turning into him.

Sooner or later you'll fall victim to darkness. To the endless void of hatred just like your ancestor. The evil will corrupt you!

It's an inescapable fate now. Enjoy your hell, Otsutsuki reincarnate."

Kazan was still completely confused and didn't make a single move.

Kurama, however, The fox growled louder, finally losing his temper and all control of himself.

Kurama explodes with anger leaking the most massive waves of chakra and KI that he could as a powerful earth quaking roar left his throat.

An explosion of chakra spews out of the seal forming a (much) smaller version of the fox next to Kazan.

"Stop corrupting my Jinchuuriki, you bastaaaaard!!!"

The fox then opens its mouth widely and blasts a mini Bijuu-Dama at Kuro destroying the clone.

After Kuro's clone was completely destroyed, Kurama's chakra above Kazan fades away and disappear into nothing like it was never there and nothing happened.

Kazan couldn't believe what just happened.

The nine tails protected him?

Before he could come to reality and properly process what happened he was pulled into his psyche.

"Don't listen to a damn word uttered by that scumbag. Don't let him corrupt you nor get into your head.

As soon as that happens you will lose everything."

Yet another weird surprise for the day.

"You just...spoke."

Kurama stayed quiet, still uncomfortable with speaking to a human. Seeing as, it's been 2000 years since he last did so.

And he didn't even know if Kazan truly was the Shinobi of prophecy, so he was conflicted about if his moves were the right ones. After all, he didn't even fully trust Kazan, so why reveal everything to him now?

In fact why reveal anything and risk screwing over the other Bijuu? Was this the right move?

He then heard a faint voice in the back of his head. A voice that sounded like Hagoromo.

"It's the right thing to do, Kurama. Just trust the process.

Trust him.

The rewards will be priceless, my son."

'Father.

Even after death, you still guide me.'

The Kyuubi closes his eyes before finally replying.

"Yes. I can talk.

And I know what is happening to you.

That chakra is corrupting you. It's feeding on your anger and growing ever stronger each time you are enraged.

Block it.

Keep training your mind and strengthen your mental state as much as possible. It's the only way to resist.

Don't let it consume you.

Don't let him get a grip on you."

Those were the last words the Bijuu spoke before forcing Kazan out of the psyche plain.

The boy stood in the backyard of the base, frozen in one spot as he thought over everything that just happened.

Who was this character Kyuubi was warning him about.

Kuro mentioned a name earlier after his fit of psychopathic laughter.

"...Indra." He mutters just above a whisper while deep in thought.

"Hm? Did you say something to just now?" Kabuto asked out of the blue, catching Kazan off guard making him flinch.

"Don't sneak up on me like that, four eyes." Kazan says annoyed.

Kabuto replies with, "I didn't sneak. You just had your guard down.

Pretty out of character for you. You alright?"

"I'm fine, just deep in thought.

What are you doing here anyway?" Kazan asked puzzled as to why the silverette was at Madara's base.

"Tobi called Orochimaru-sama over to heal an infected cut of one of the new recruits. I just tagged along." Kabuto answers.

"New recruits?"

'Jeez. How many surprises am I gonna have today.

This is getting annoying.'