14. Rebuilding the Akatsuki pt.2/2

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 4}

Timeline: Before Naruto part 1

~~~still September 16~~~

(Shisui POV)

I begin regaining consciousness and all the sounds around me become clearer and clearer. They were still distorted though and it was difficult for me to open my eyes.

Through my blurred vision I see the figures of three people.

One was definitely Madara's. The second looked to be another Uchiha but from his voice I could tell he was much younger.

The third figure was quite strange. Only his torso was visible, as if his lower body was melted into the ground.

I try to force myself awake but fail and slip back into my unconscious state for a few brief seconds only to wake up again and repeat the same cycle.

Their voices were still distorted but slowly started sounding clearer as I finally started fully waking up.

"What the hell Madara?!

Itachi and Shisui of all people?!

And not only them. You took a toddler too?!" the younger Uchiha shouts to which Madara has no response other than a slightly annoyed facial expression.

" You said you needed high ranking Shinobi for your little scavenger hunting team (the Akatsuki) so I brought them to you.

But if you're so dissatisfied with who I brought, then feel free to take them back." Madara says in a monotonous voice.

"I'm not going all the way to Konoha just to take them back!

And it's too risky anyways.

Itachi is Fugaku's son, there's no doubt he already noticed that he's missing. I could get caught."

"Then stop complaining. Simple as that." Madara says in an annoyed voice before grunting.

"Hey." A new voice speaks.

"What is it Kuro Zetsu?" The Uchiha Ghost asks in an irritated manner.

"The curly haired one is awake, sir." a fourth voice (Shiroi Zetsu) speaks.

I tense as both Uchiha rogue's gazes fall on me.

The younger Uchiha, a teenager to my surprise, smacks his lips and continues complaining.

"Great.

Now we really can't let them go. It's only a matter of time before he realizes who I am."

That sentence had fully caught my attention and my line of vision fixated on the masked teenager.

I couldn't see his face, but his chakra. I sensed familiarity in it.

It was faint, but it was definitely there.

I knew him.

"Hn.

Since you said it yourself, they aren't going anywhere.

They are officially your problem now, brat." Madara says in a bored tone as he begins losing interest.

"So you're gonna leave just like that?"

He received no response.

"Oh sure. Dump them on little old me.

It's not like I already have Kazan to take care of. Not to mention Kisame Mangetsu and the Ame trio (Nagato Yahiko and Konan)." he continued ranting causing Madara to get up and walk away out of annoyance.

At this moment I heard the sound of shuffling next to me and noticed that Itachi was fully awake and struggling in the grasp of...wood rapped around him?

I looked at what was binding me and saw the same thing.

'What?! Mokuton?!'

Madara didn't have wood style. So this must be his doing.

I looked back at the masked Uchiha who was still ranting.

"What am I to you? A free babysitter?"

"Hn. That sounds about right." Madara's mutters in an annoyed tone as he exits the room, fed up with the barrage of complaints.

The bi-colored man with green hair who definitely wasn't human melts into the ground and now Itachi and I were alone with this faintly familiar teenager.

(Obito POV)

I grit my teeth as I glare daggers at Madara's back while he leaves.

"You're an even worse pain in the butt than Bakashi." I mumble in a tone just above a whisper.

Immediately after that I hear surprised exclamations from the two hostage Uchiha.

Looks like they recognized me.

"No use in wearing this anymore.

Since you clearly know who I am now." I mumble as I take my mask off.

'This is gonna be a loooooong week.'

~back in Ame~

~~~September 17~~~

After finally coming clean to Kazan about who he was and their relation, Nagato was more at ease.

He was finally perfectly comfortable around is nephew, however, he still had that sense of guilt about complying with Madara's plan.

Regardless, he loved spending time with Kazan. Vice versa too.

As the deadline of his visit in Amegakure approached, the boy actually felt sad about the fact he had to leave.

He only had one more day there, since he couldn't really count the fifth because Obito would pick him up at 8 in the morning.

After waking up on the 4th day, Kazan had a request for Nagato.

"Nagato sensei. I have a request."