21. Meeting Itachi and Shisui pt.1/3

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto. It belongs to Masashi Kishimoto.

{Kazan age 5}

Timeline: before Naruto part 1

~~~still October 10~~~

(Shisui POV)

Keeping in mind that Itachi's life was on the line too, I made the choice that seemed the best for both of us.

Obito offered us a way to not betray Konoha. A way to not work with Madara, but to help him instead. So reluctantly I took it.

I made the deal with him and he let us go.

However, when Madara came back, he stated outright that he doesn't want us outside of the base or outside of the floor of the base we were currently in. His reason being he didn't trust us and that he wanted us to prove we wouldn't try anything funny before granting us true freedom.

And that is how we ended up walking around freely on what we found out was the lowest level of the underground base.

We were kept under the strict supervision of the strange creatures called Zetsu clones and our chakra was sealed instead of s being restrained. So we weren't truly free, but it was a lot better than before.

I still don't know if my decision was the right one, but we'll find out soon enough.

(Obito POV)

~~~October 12~~~

I was with Nagato in one of the storage rooms getting a bunch of scrolls that he needed when my 6th sense went off.

"Tch. What's he up to now?" i mutter under my breath.

Nagato questions what I mean and I explain.

"I have a feeling Kazan's gonna do something.

It's a little instinct I developed that warns me beforehand about him losing his temper. Almost like a psychic ability." I explain as I exit the room to find my troublesome little brother and put an end to whatever it is that's about to happen.

He was in the back yard of the base with Shikayoru and Swirly, probably practicing his deductive skills or something.

"Damn it, Swirly! I'm gonna kill you!!" I heard him yell from across the yard

"Of course Swirly would be the cause of his temper tantrum." I mumble annoyed.

From the distance I saw him weave signs for a Raiton Jutsu and lightning bolts appeared from thin air and struck everything in his field of vision.

"A little help Obito-san!" Swirly screeched out from the boulder he jumped behind.

I was about to turn around when I saw Nagato next to me.

"You're not gonna help him?" he asked.

"No. This is his own fault, he has to get out of it himself."

(3rd person POV)

Not satisfied with Obito's response, Nagato decides to help Swirly alone.