Epilogue ~ Julia

Five years later.

It had been a long day at work, but I loved being a nurse. I had finally gotten what I wanted. I knew my parents probably would be disappointed in me, but it wasn't about them. It was my time to be happy.

I had moved back home to my old cottage and gathered my mail. "Hey, mom." I looked up and smiled as Aimee came from her room and gave me a hug. "Can I go to the movies tonight with, Shelly."

I looked at her with a warming smile. It warmed my heart when she called me mom. It had given me butterflies the first time she asked could she call me mom a few years ago. I couldn't deny the little girl. "Since it's a Friday, maybe. Ask your dad. Where is dad anyway?"

"He's picking up Jenny from the daycare. He had a last minute shift this morning. So, he had to drop her off."

As if on cue, Alex came in holding a baby car seat and smiled when he saw me. "Your home early."

"They let me off early for our anniversary."

"You didn't have to tell them. I told you we could make it up Sunday since both of us were off that day."

"I didn't. Gloria sent me some flowers to work with a balloon that read 'happy third anniversary'."

Alex chuckled. "Same old Gloria."

"She called me on the way home and told me she will watch Jenny tonight so we can get a date night if we check on Flora's dog Seth next month for her date night," I told him while I freed the wiggling baby from the seat.

"I still can't believe Mike and her are going on a date. I didn't even know the two were seeing each other."

I shrugged as I made my way into the nursery we had built onto the house. "I didn't know either. Guess they hid their lust for each other good. I'm happy that they finally told us though. I'm hoping they will have a good relationship."

"I hope they get everything they're wanting like I did."

I stopped and turned around before giving him a kiss on his lips. Looking him in the eyes, I knew I had finally gotten everything I wanted and I knew my parents were wrong. I truly could have everything. "Me too," I whispered against his lips.