Seven ~ Alex

It was late at night as I sat in the empty parking lot waiting for my new assignment. That's when my radio sprung to life. "We have a 10-10 Luck's bar - 254 Spooner Street."

I snorted at the ironic name of the bar. Obviously they were not lucky that night. I picked up the radio on my scanner and pressed the button before saying "10-4". Then I put my lights on before driving off to the bar.

I sighed softly wondering what the fight could be over. I figured maybe it was just two idiots that had gotten too drunk for the night.

It took me less than five minutes to show up to the bar. Luckily another officer met me there. We wasted no time walking into the bar and was met with two grown man fighting on the ground. "Babe stop it!" a redheaded woman yelled as she stood only a few feet away.

"Ma'am, please step back," I told her. We didn't need another person in the range of fire. She looked at me with her green eyes as her lip poked out. She looked like she may have wanted to argue, but must have decided against it as she stepped back a bit.

Me and the officer were able to pull the two away and separate the two men so we could talk to them. "Calm down," I demanded. "Or I'm going to have to cuff you." He looked at me as he stopped trying to get around me to get another punch at the other guy. "Now tell me what's going on."

He exhaled heavily before going on to tell me his story. "I came here to clear my head. That's all I wanted to do. I took a few drinks and my girlfriend shows up. Long story, short we had a disagreement and I told her it would be best if we talked at home. That chump over there," he stopped and looked at the man he had given a black eye before looking back at me to finish his statement. "He decided to put his nose where it didn't belong." As I figured. Two idiots that got too drunk.

I walked him over to a bench and told him to sit down. I noticed the other officer did the same before starting to take the statement of the bartender. So, I went over to the woman to take hers. She was standing in the same spot with her arms crossed over her chest and she was looking down until I came up to her. "Good evening, ma'am. I'm going to need to take your statement."

She sighed and nodded. "Tom isn't a bad guy," she told me in a soft low tone. "We just had a disagreement and he just had one too many. Even after he promised not to drink anymore. The only reason I am here is because I followed him after a disagreement and found he was still drinking. So, I told him we were done."

I felt bad for the woman as her eyes fell once more. "Would you like to press charges, ms-"

She smiled softly. "Jessica. Jessica Roberts. And no, I don't. Like I said, Tom isn't a bad guy. He just needs help is all."

I nodded firmly and made my way to the officer to cross notes. "According to the boyfriend and girlfriend they just had disagreement and that guy just misunderstood. The girlfriend doesn't want to press charges."

"According to Mr. Rivers, he tried to stop him from leaving with her and pushed him away from her. He doesn't want to press charges either. He just wants to leave. And the bartender just wants all three out of the bar for the night. According to him, Mr. Rivers only had three drinks while the boyfriend over there only had two."

I took a deep breath. "Well let's give them warnings and get them all out of here." The cop nodded and we separated once more. I walked over to Tom and motioned for the girlfriend to come over as well. "We are going to let you off with a warning, Tom." He looked taken back that I knew his name, but I continued before he could ask me how I knew it. "The bartender just want all of you out of his bar tonight."