Thirteen ~ Alex

A/N: I decided to post a day early this week. Sue me lol. Enjoy. 

Ryan was getting ready to climb out the bedroom window as he held the clothes closely to his chest. He was wearing nothing but boxers and his face was flushed. It was obvious he knew he was caught.

Kayla on the other hand didn't look phased as she stood there in one of her lingerie's. She didn't even flinch when she saw the hurt on Julia's face. Not a word left her lips to try to defend what we were seeing. It wasn't until Julia asked "how could you" that Kayla finally spoke up.

"I told you. You hurt me, so I was going to hurt you," she said without a hence of remorse. I couldn't get a read on Julia. She looked hurt, but she didn't dare let a tear fall. She looked more angry then broken about Ryan.

"You're such a bitch," Julia finally responded after a few moments of silence. "I didn't even sleep with Alex. He was letting me sleep over his house so I wouldn't have to hear you tell me you told me so when Ryan decided to walk out on me just because we had a misunderstanding."

"Don't lie to me," Kayla hissed deciding not to leave the hill she stood on. "Ryan told me he saw you two all cuddled up in the back of the bar."

I snorted. "We were just sitting next to each other. I was trying to talk her into telling Ryan the truth. It isn't her fault Ryan's an idiot and took thing's out of proportion," I mumbled.

Ryan scoffed. "Don't lie. I saw the way you two were looking at each other. It's the same way you two looked at each other the day she came to get Kayla from your house. Now I don't regret our kiss that night. Kayla was right and last night proved it."

Julia looked stunned as she looked between the two before quickly standing up for herself. "You both are idiots and deserve each other. I have never slept with Alex and would have never stopped as low as Kayla has done today. I have been here for you since day one, and this is how you repay me?"

Kayla rolled her eyes. "You've been there for me? I was the one there for you when you parents died and you blamed yourself for it." Suddenly, my heart went out for Julia. She obviously had a deeper story than I knew about. All I knew about was her terrible ex fiance. What else had this poor woman been put through? All I knew was, from what I knew of her, she didn't deserve it because she seemed to have a heart of gold.

I wanted to tell Kayla to cut it out because Julia didn't deserve her so called friend bringing up the past. However, Julia beat me to the punch of standing up for her. "As much as I appreciate having someone around for that, you weren't around for long. You quickly ditched me when you met who you thought was going to be the one." Julia snorted. "If only I had a dollar every time you said that."

"You fucking bitch," Kayla hissed. She tried to go toward Julia, but Ryan grabbed her arm keeping her in place while Julia continued.

"Unlike you, I was actually there for you. I was there for you when your dad cheated on your mom. I was there for you when your mother died when you were only eighteen. I was the one there when you were in between 'boyfriends'."

Kayla stood there dumbfounded. She didn't say a word. So, I think Ryan thought he should defend her because he quickly spoke up. "Julia, that wasn't nice. Don't you think you went-"

"Shut up, Ryan. You'll figure out all too soon how she uses people when she starts draining your bank accounts like all her other boyfriends." Ryan looked as if he wanted to say something, but nothing came out. "The only reason her relationship with Alex lasted as long as it did was because I was the one helping it to survive."

My gaze quickly fell on Julia. What did she mean by 'helping it to survive'? "You're lying," Kayla mumbled.

"No I'm not and you know it. I was the one making the lunches with the little notes so Alex thought you had him on your mind. I was the one mainly watching Aimee because you always said you had emergencies to handle. I was the one cleaning and cooking the house. I was the one giving you ideas for date night and so on." Kayla narrowed her eyes as she once again looked lost for words. "You only knew how to satisfy him in bed. Your words not mine." I raised my eyebrow at the last sentence, but decided not to question it.

At this point, Kayla broke free from Ryan's grasp and crossed the room quickly to slap Julia across the face. Julia looked at Kayla in a daze. However, it didn't last very long before Julia took her fist and punched Kayla square in the face. Kayla stumbled back a bit as Julia shook her hand. "I want you out of my house. Today," she told Kayla.

Kayla started to lung at Julia, but I quickly stood in front of her while Ryan grabbed at Kayla once more after dropping his clothes on the ground. "That's enough, Kayla," I hissed.

Kayla's eyes met mine and quickly softened. "How can you defend her? Choose her over me? I thought you loved me?" Her voice had lowered and had a slight whimper behind it. I looked her over and couldn't take her seriously. I didn't know how many times I had to tell her we were broken up and never getting back together. And, to make matters worse, she slept with a douche bag to get back at her so called best friend for something she hadn't even done. I glanced at Ryan and he looked to flinch at her words. Maybe he was realizing the huge mistake he had just made. I just hoped, if he did try to get back with Julia, she would not give him another chance.

I narrowed my eyes at Kayla. "Kayla, for the hundredth time, we aren't together and we will never be together again."

Her facade quickly went away as she returned my facial expression. "It's because of her."

"You really are delusional. Aren't you? Try taking responsibility for once. You did this to yourself. You broke the trust. There's no chance in hell we are getting back together," I repeated.

Kayla rolled her eyes once more. "Whatever." she looked over my shoulder at Julia. "I'll be out of here quickly. I just need to throw my stuff in my boxes and get changed." She then turned to look at Ryan throwing on her sad face once more. "Can I move in with you, babe? I have nowhere to go."

Ryan nodded. "Sure. I'll help you pack after I finish getting dressed." I couldn't believe Kayla wasn't even going to apologize for betraying her friend the way she did. I think that's what hurt Julia more. Ryan didn't even meet her gaze.

"Good. It's settle then," Julia mumbled before turning on her heel to leave the room.

I quickly followed her outside. She was sitting on the staircase, so I took a seat next to her. For a moment, it was silent. Then I asked her the question playing in my head. "Are you okay?"

Julia's jaw worked before she looked at me. "I'm fine. I always wanted to come home and see my friend stab me in the back so easily for something I didn't do," I didn't say a word. I just continued to look at her. Julia sighed before apologizing. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take my anger out on you."

I shook my head. "It's fine. You're angry and rightfully so. You deserve better."

"To think, the one time I get back on my feet and start trying to date again." She looked out at the sky. "It took a lot to start dating after my ex fiance humiliated me. My parents were right about him, but wrong about Ryan."

"What happened to your parents?"

Julia drew in a breath before exhaling heavily. "A story for another time."

It was a story she didn't want to talk about. It told me there was something very hurtful behind that story. I felt bad that she had to go through it, whatever it was that happened. So, I decided not to push it. "It's okay." I decided to change the subject to lighten the mood. "You know, Aimee's birthday is Friday."

A smile crossed her face. "Yes, I remember. I actually got her birthday gift months ago. I couldn't help it."

"Well, she wants to go out to the water park with some of her friends from school and I know she will want you to be there. So, will you come along?"

She didn't seem to think about it for long as she nodded. "Of course. Anything for Aimee."

"It's a date," I told her grinning. Her eyebrow arched and I quickly went in for a save. "It's just an expression."

Julia chuckled. "Mhm."