𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐦

Summary: waiting for Tom you chat with Mattheo before he reveals something that riles you and Tom up. Meeting up together you both make up.

Word count: 2,089

I greeted Mattheo as I entered the dorm he shared with Tom. Tom asked me to stop by his dorm so we could possibly read together.

"Hey y/n" He said as I walked in and sat myself on Toms bed. Mattheo was doing homework on his bed and piles of both books and papers on his bed. He and Tom seemed like complete opposites. Tom kept his things neat and in place while Mattheo kept things everywhere. Clothes were scattered on the floor of Mattheos side while Toms side remained spotless.

"Do you mind helping me y/n?" Mattheo asked looking up at me desperately.
"Yeah" I replied getting up from Toms bed.
"I just struggle with potions" He sighed as I took a look at the quills he had open. Examining his quill he had taken side notes all over the edges of his quill.

"You messed up on the second part" I told him as he examined what I pointed out.
"It's a common mistake I used to make it a lot especially with potions like pythernia" I told Mattheo as he nodded in realization. He quickly re writes his assignment before showing me.

Looking through it I give back to him nodding
"It looks good to me" I said.
"And who helped you out with it?" Mattheo asked again looking at me.
"Tom, you know he understands the material better than I do right" I said.
"Don't wanna waste his time" Mattheo shot back. Opening another one of his text books.

I knew they shared an odd relationship. Sometimes people even forget they're brothers. I'd even question is they truly liked each other.

I didn't want to say anything else so I sat myself in front of him. His papers laid between us as we sat facing each other.
"Was that all you needed for potions?" I asked Mattheo wanting to be for helpful.

"Uh no just a few more you mind helping?" He asked me grabbing a hold of more papers that were behind him. I nod my head before he hands me his quills.
If Tom wasn't here as might as well use my time wisely and spend it on helping Mattheo.

Mattheo was a year younger than me and Tom. Me and Tom were both 6th years while Mattheo was a 5th year. At some times I did feel guilty for Mattheo. Having to meet up to Toms high reputation.

Tom was always a top student ahead of our class. Of course I would come second a few times but I never really minded it I was still top 3. I remembered the one time I scored higher than Tom he refused to talk to me. Claimed because he was helping me so much I was scoring better than him.

"As much as I want to no" Tom huffed turning his back on me and studying.
"Oh come on it was just a test" I whined wrapping my arms around his shoulders from behind leaning down to kiss his cheek.
"A test that will cost me my future because I wanted to help my girlfriend out" He continued on.
"Fine you big moody baby" I teased Tom ruffling his hair before laying on his bed.

"Alright that should be all of it Mattheo says as I look over the pile of work he has laid out. I nod before I start to skim over his work.

"Okay this is where you messed up" I told Mattheo pointing to the third step of his equation.
"How? He asked confused.
"You need to add the string after putting in the red leaves" I told Mattheo as I re-wrote his statement.
"I thought it didn't matter" Mattheo groans annoyed.
"Potions is too complicated" He says.

"Alright last one" I told Mattheo placing the last quill out in front of us.
"Do you see your mistake yet?" I questioned Mattheo. He studied his answers before pointing to a step.
"I forgot to put the drop of malice oil into the cauldron"Mattheo says unsurely and I nod. I high-five him happy of his accomplishment.