"How are you faring at the moment?"

"I'm fine injury wise Bloom-sama." She responded

"Didn't I told you before? This conversation is off the record, so you can drop the formalities Kanao." Kanae reminded her

"Right, forgive me Kanae nee-san."

"That's better. Now tell me, who is the man with the red hair?"

Kanao somewhat jolted when she heard the mentioning of a certain someone. Of course, she thought Kanae would only asked because he practically saved her from losing a limb. A moment passed and she finally spoke.

"He's from the Rising Sun Agency. Codenamed: Agent Red Sun." She replied

"Ara? Is that so? Let me rephrase the question." Kanae clears hee throat. "Who is that man to you?"

"He's my partner-." She simply replied

"I meant on a personal level."

"....." Kanao went silent for a moment. "I'm sorry, I don't follow the logic."

"Just tell me Kanao. Nobody will know except you and me. Just how do you feel about him?" Kanao could tell that Kanae is smirking in the other side

"........."

"Kanao?"

"I don't feel anything for him, but I know that I could trust him." She finally responded

"That's a first. You trust someone that is basically a stranger to you?"

"He's no stranger. Just a man fulfilling his duty. Even if he's risking his life for it." Kanao looked up. "Just like how they taught us."

An audible sigh came through. "I see. He might be the same as us, but he's from a different agency. You might not see him again."

"And what do you meant by that nee-san?" Kanao jumped on her with a question

"Won't you feel sad not being able to see him again?"

Once again Kanao fell silent for a moment. Why would she feel sad not being able to see him again? Even if she does see him, what should she do? There's not a single reason why she should stay in contact with the man. Sure he had saved her numerous times but she did the same for him more than once. She had this predicament more than once before.

Agents aren't supposed to have any connections to remain secretive of their work. It was a rule meant to protect the agency as well as the agents themselves. Following orders down to the single letter, they remain in their own world protecting the light many people hold dear. Although this alone clashes with the words he had spoken to her. Is she a cold hearted machine, or a fragile aging human? A question she still couldn't answer herself.

"I won't be sad," She began. "and yet I don't even know what sadness is to begin with."

".........I see..." Kanae paused for a while

"Does that satisfy your query?"

"It's getting a bit late. You must be tired right now." Kanae ignored her question. "Get some rest Kanao. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

After ending the transmission, Kanao observe her surroundings a bit. She saw everyone doing different things minding their own business. All but one, the man with red hair isn't down with them. She went on a search for the male as she went up the stairs back into the white room. The moon light shines through the clear glass wall and a shadow was created from a figure who stood near the window curtain. It was silent as she observe the male staring longingly towards the city. Silently she took her steps until she stood right next to him.