Chapter 10

Chapter 10: A coffee date

Dawn finally broke out and the world is beginning to get brighter. The lights of the sun finally reveals what had happened last night. Many deaths had occurred and many more things had happened. But for the common folks, they're none the wiser as they continue on to live their normal happy lives. For them not knowing is better than knowing. Like a single redhead currently sitting in a safehouse with his partner. In a separate room of course.

'Last night was a bit weird. I managed to gain some intel but I somehow can't forget about that woman.'

He looks around making sure he was not spied. Even if she was his partner, he can't let her risks his plan to go to waste.

Got something from the intel Zenitsu?

I've gotten at least a bit of info from the target. You sure about this Tanjiro?

If my father is still out there alive, I want you to save him.
I would go and save him myself, but the agency will surely not allow me to.

I understand buddy. Moving to the next place, will contact you tomorrow.

Be safe Zenitsu.

You know me, I will not die that easily. Just my partner here who got a slim chance for it.

Partner? Who did you dragged along?

Just some dude getting suspended for killing some people.
And he punched me.
He punched me again.
His punches do hurt a lot Tanjiro.

Make sure he keeps his mouth shut about what you're doing here.

Already did. Now excuse me, I need to focus on driving on the road.

Roger that, signing out.

Tanjiro took off his glasses after having an encrypted text messages with his friend. He and Zenitsu goes a long way back, ever since middle school when he gets rejected and Tanjiro found him laying in the grass crying. Since then, they've become best friend and especially for Zenitsu as he had an eye for his sister. As his train of thought is running, it got abruptly halted as the door to his room was opened.

"Sorry to interrupt." The female casually said

"Have you ever heard of a knock? You know what, nevermind." Tanjiro stood up

"So what now?" Miyu asked the redhead

"We will now infiltrate into the lions den." Tanjiro put down a holographic projector

"The science facility? Again? Didn't that go south last time?" She questions him

"Last time I was made known there. This time, we will become a shadow."

"Want me to make a suggestion?"

"Go ahead. I'm all ears." Tanjiro simply said

"How about we blend in?" Miyu looked excited

"And how are we gonna do just that?"

"Don't worry. A bit of make up and my skillful hands will transform you into someone else entirely."

"Sounds like fun. Lets do it then." Tanjiro excitedly said

As the two converse on the matter a bit further, something else is still stuck inside the redhead's mind. His mind hasn't shaken off the image of last night. The lady he met twice already and the fact that she caught him leaving was quite impressive. Certainly no ordinary person could do such a thing.