Chapter 35

Chapter 35: The Encounter

Two sets of footsteps are rushing through the hallway as the owners are worried for the well being of the one they left behind. They hurried with two more following not far behind. They soon reached the lab where they first raided. The moment they took a step into the place, they could already feel their spine shivers.

"Someone is here." Kanao deduced

"I hear only two heartbeat. One of them is getting weaker. The other...." Zenitsu trailed off

"What's the matter?" Inosuke noticed something is wrong

"It's not, human."

"Whatever it is, we've got to save Flora." Aki took out her weapon

"Follow me."

All four storms into the place and heads straight towards the main lab. They hurried their steps and finally arrived only to witness a horrid scene. Blood covers the pristine white tables and walls. Nothing were organized anymore as items and glasses shattered everywhere they look. A grim blood trail had them thinking the worse of the worse. Nevertheless they quickly follow it and soon it led them straight towards the supply room next door.

"Only two. One badly injured." Zenitsu whispered

"On three."

Boom!

Ignoring her instruction, Inosuke kicked the door wide open with his swords greeting a male body crouching in front of a woman. They were shocked to find that the woman is indeed the one they're looking for. Out of impulse Kanao sends a kick straight into the head of the male and it was powerful enough to burst through the wall into the room next door. Aki quickly tend to the fallen agent whilst Kanao and the other two confronts with her attacker.

"Flora. Talk to me." Aki examines her badly wounded partner

"*Cough.* I never thought the devil would come and greet me herself. *Cough.*"

"Don't make that joke. You're alright. Just hang on." She quickly bandaged up all the wounds

"Be careful." Sakura weakly muttered. "He's not normal."

"Rose, I need to bring her out." Aki lifts Sakura in her arms

"Sure. We'll deal with this monster." Kanao coldly said

"Monster? Bold of you to call me that." The mysterious figure calmly said

"No, it describes the sound you make perfectly." Zenitsu adds

"We're gonna shred you to pieces!" Inosuke shouted

"Bold, all of you. Well your friend certainly didn't stand a chance." The man only grinned. "There's no harm doing the same to the three of you."

"Whatever you say, Kibutsuji Muzan."

.

"He appeared. Where are the reinforcement?"

Back in the HQ of the Butterfly Pharmaceutical Agency, chaos has ensued. People running around panicking and some carrying papers only to fall to the floor. Murata is no exception as he received a transmission about their wanted man has been sighted on one of the high risk location. He's running around with a panic and worried expression. Aoi on the other hand are also panicking but it never shows on her facade.