Slowly I laid back down and wiped my face and cringed, I need a shower. I could feel the sweat clinging to my back now.

            "You okay?" Morgan asked quietly.

            "The bombs fell all over again, I'm going to need a shower before we do anything." I said.

            "You should go now then, it sounds like the house is awaking up." Morgan said. I just nodded and pressed a kiss to her hand before getting up out of bed and finding some clothes for the day.

            The bathroom was empty when I got there so I jumped into a shower and tried to be quick about it. Once I was done, I jumped into a pair of sweats and returned to our room. Morgan was looking out the window when I got back into our room. Her back was tense as I put my dirty clothes into a pile on the floor. I made sure to make some nose as I came up behind her and put my hand on her back but Morgan still flinched. She turned around and it took a few seconds for her eyes to clear.

            "Breakfast?" I asked. It took another few seconds for Morgan to take my hand and together we went downstairs to kitchen. Anya was once again working on the stove while Petro and Kuzma were talking in Ukrainian about a soccer match.

            Just as I was about to ask where Cosima was, the back door was thrown open and she came inside, looking like she just came from a run. When she saw us standing there she flashed us a smile before opening a cabinet and pulled out three mugs.

            "Just sugar?" Cosima asked us as she pulled a coffee pot off the warmer.

            "Please, Morgan likes some milk in hers if you have." I said and pulled my wife fully into the kitchen and took a seat at the table.

            Anya put some eggs, sausage and toast on the table for us to eat while Cosima came over with the coffee. We all ended up chiming into the soccer conversation with Kuzma and Petro and we ate breakfast, wanting to keep things light hearted. As we finished breakfast, Morgan and I almost forced Anya to sit down while we cleaned up. Kuzma went outside with Petro to kick a soccer ball around.

            After we finished cleaning, Morgan and I went up to our room and got dressed. I took the gun from under the mattress and stuck it in my waistband as the last piece of clothing. I took my coat from the hook while Morgan followed. When we were ready we went back downstairs and found Kuzma waiting for us at the table all dressed for the day. As we came into the kitchen, he jumped out his chair and looked at both of us.

            "I want to come with you." He said looking back and forth at us. I swallowed hard and nodded.

            "Do you want me to come with you guys?" Cosima asked as she closed the newspaper.

            "Up to you Cos." I said and watched as Kuzma grabbed his jacket.

            "I'll stay here then. When are you leaving, I'll give you a ride." Cosima said and looked at us.

            "We're going to walk." Morgan answered.

            "Okay, call me if you need anything." Cosima said looking at both of us as we started to move towards the back door.

            I nodded and watched as Kuzma pulled the door open and left the house first. We followed after him and closed the door behind us. Looking around at the backyard still looked the same. The barn was off to the left and a few pick up trucks were around the property. The grass is shorter now though, looks like it gets mowed regularly. Kuzma kept close to us as we started to walk the same path we took in trucks all those years ago. The walk was quiet as crested the ridge but took a lot longer then it did that night. If we went on foot, a lot more people could have died.