fifteen

Before the night got to far away from us I did send Rob a text to let him know I'll look at the briefing in the morning. There was nothing I could do from home right now so I didn't feel to concerned that I took this long to get back to him. He understood and let me know how the training went with the team and I was happy to know that most of them took my advise seriously when I asked them to brush up on their language skills. Though I don't know Polish or Ukrainian, I am pretty fluent in Russian. One of dads biggest pieces of advice when I first started to move my career track towards special forces, the more languages I knew, the better and more of an asset I can be.

The rest of Thursday night was spend squished between mom and Peyton on the couch. We ordered Greek food and watched a few movies as I let them in on some more of my earlier relationship with Morgan. Mallory quickly became an afterthought the more I told them about Morgan and I's various hook ups over the years, then when we decided to just stop all together. Things between us just got overly complicated when she moved up the officer rank and together we knew we needed to stop before we hurt each other so badly we would be able to come back from. After we finished dinner they were both content with all the new gossip I gave them, I finally got to show them the two new tattoos I got this morning. Both of them teared up when they saw the easel and flowers. It made me really happy to see that it means this much to them.

When the conversation about my tattoos slowed down I called it a night and retired upstairs. I went for a shower and cleaned up my tattoos before I finally made my way into my bed. I didn't really even get a chance to check my phone as my body and mind were both too tired from the day and I fell asleep pretty quickly.

When I woke up Friday morning, I didn't want to move from the bed. My last full day at home had me wanting to just soak up laying in my childhood bed for as long as I could, secretly hoping if I laid here long enough, time would stop and I wouldn't have to get on that plane tomorrow. But time stops for no one and I got up when my stomach growled for breakfast. When I made my way downstairs, I found Dominic was already waiting for me at the kitchen table. He gave me a smile and pushed a plate of pancakes towards me. I didn't question it as I grabbed a few from the plate and smothered them in syrup. After I finished them off I downed the orange juice that was pushed in my direction and looked up to find Dominic staring at me still. I didn't let it get to me; I would be doing the same thing if he was about to go away for an unknown amount of time.

Full from breakfast, I stood up from the table and brought my plates over to the sink and found it full of all the things Dom must have used to cook breakfast.

"Asshole." I chuckled but started to run the water to clean off the dirty dishes.

"You love me though." Dom said.

"That I do." I said and flicked him with some water. Dom rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone while I finished washing the dishes.

With the dishes drying in the rack, I returned to the table and messed up Doms' hair before running off to the living room to escape his retaliation. I flew onto the couch and settled down for a few seconds before I heard Dom come chase after me. He jumped over the back of the couch and landed on top of me and I rolled us right off the couch and onto the floor where we just continued to wrestle around for a few minutes. We were both laughing our heads off rolling around trying to pin the other when we heard mom yell at us. Immediately we both stopped, still tangled up in each others limbs and turned to look at her.

"Take the rough housing outside, I don't need you guys to break something." Mom said and watched as we both got up and took our game outside. Once we got outside I went right over to the grass and laid out on my back and spread out like a starfish.