thirty-seven

***TRIGGER WARNING FOR WAR LIKE DESCRIPTIONS AND ACTION***

Since Alpha and Bravo team have gotten to Mariupol two weeks ago, there has been a shift in the air. Two months into this so-called war, the Russian president realizes that his blitzkrieg like offensive is not going like he planned. He thought that taking the entire country of Ukraine would be a simple in and out mission. But the people of Ukraine have put up a fight and have been able to stop them from taking over major interior cities. From our latest intel update from Major Collins, she relayed to us that he started to pull his troops from interior cities and has completely recalled the trucks, tanks and soldiers that were on the caravan heading to the capital of Kyiv. It also helps that a lot of the vehicles were now stuck in Ukraine as they ran out of gas and diesel trying to get there. The best news we got came from Major Roman, the Major leading Alpha team, when he told us that Ukrainian farmers have been taking the trucks and tanks from the front lines that were left behind by the Russians. As the Ukrainian military rolled through the towns, they have been taking the left-over vehicles and repurposing them for there own use.

Over these past two weeks, Gold along with Alpha and Bravo teams support, have been slowly notifying citizens still in close range of the plant that now is the time to leave. We don't know what is going to happen once we go in but we rather not have to face to many civilians if we have to rush out. Most of the citizens have wanted to stay and help but with the help of the one of the Ukrainian Special Forces unit, we have made progress in getting them safely to the outer edges of the city.

This one team that came to us from the front lines in Odesa is going to be running things from outside the plant once we make our way in. They are also going to be monitoring the front gate to keep it clear and guide in the rest of the military once they get here. Unfortunately, they are still a few days out from the plant but we can't stall any longer. After the past few weeks of being here and surveying the plant, we have the Russian military routine down. Most of the time it has stayed the same with only a few abnormal situations. But we have a window right now as most of there trucks have left the plant to resupply the soldiers stationed here. It seams like most of the soldiers stationed here have left with the convoy and only a few units of troops remain, this is the time we need to move.

Our plan is to start clearing the plant at dusk and work through the night to try and catch them off guard. As a team, we all have been slowly switching our sleep schedules so we would be more awake at night. There have been a few who have volunteered to keep there sleep schedule the same, one from each team, so the there has been someone awake during the day to keep tabs on everything going on in the neighborhood and to patrol.

The time has come though, it was finally time to put everything we have been working for into motion. Morgan and I held each other closely last night. Since my little outburst two weeks ago, the teams have left us alone when it came to them gossiping about what Morgan and I have been doing behind closed doors. It made me happy to know that I can still strike some fear into the team. Morgan gave me a bruising few kisses for that once we got behind our closed door again.

But now it's go time. I woke up first and got out of bed to start deconstructing our info wall. The team leaders are going to be getting a map of there section of the plant to clear which includes any and all information they are going to need about their section. The rest of the information wall Morgan and I have built over our time of being here I have slowly pulled down. Once I got it all in a pile I left it on the floor and started to get dressed for the night raid.

Dark camos are going to be the move tonight with our blue arm tape. It was the quickest and easiest way to figure out who was on what side. Even thought I didn't like the idea of wearing it at night, I rather not be shot by friendly fire. I did put a few layers on under the camos though. The middle of November weather here is cold at night, barely reaching 50 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm just happy that Major Collins sent over the cold weather gear that I asked for with some extra pieces so we could outfit Alpha and Bravo teams as well. We have also been really lucky that they have been able to find cold weather gear while they have been patrolling.