After

Our wedding quickly became the best day of my life. The only other day that gave this one a run for it's money was the day Kuzma officially became mine. After our brief moment alone, we were pulled into some pictures by the photographer before we made our way to the reception. I was barely able to pay attention to everyone else running around the hall because Morgan had my sole focus. It became evident pretty quickly too as everyone who was trying to get my attention. I just couldn't take my eyes off of my wife in her wedding dress. Wife.

            Morgan and I only untied the Rushnyk when she had to run to the bathroom while we were mingling with our guests. Instead of putting it down, I simply put it around my shoulders and continued to work the room. When Morgan did return, we had our first dance together in the middle of the hall to Can't Help Falling In Love that was covered by Kacey Musgraves. The song was slow and we were able to sway back and forth to the music as it played through the hall.

            "I can't believe I'm finally a Donovan." Morgan said quietly in my ear. Tears rushed to my eyes as I pulled a bit away from her to be able to look in her eyes.

            "Morgan, you've been a Donovan since we bought the house together." I said gave her a smile.

            A single tear fell from Morgan's eye and I quickly wiped it away before pulling her in for a kiss. The song came to an end and before either of us could say anything, Morgan's father was standing next to us asking for Morgan's hand for a dance. I willingly gave her over to him and walked to the edge of the dance floor to let them have their moment together as I reach into my pocket to pull out the dog tag Dominic put in there before the ceremony. The metal cut into my hand as I watched them smile and dance around the floor, wishing I could have my own father here with me for this moment.

            Before I could wallow alone for too much longer, I felt a hand grab my elbow and I looked up to find Peyton standing in front of me. She gave me a tight lip smile and uncurled my hand that was tightly clenched around the dog tag and took my hand in hers.

            "I know it's not the same, but would you like to dance?" Peyton asked.

            I could only nod as I tightened my grip on her hand. Peyton led me over to the dance floor, not far from Morgan and her father before I wrapped my arms around Peyton, holding tightly onto the dog tag. We stayed close together for a few moments before I was able to get it together enough look at her.

            "I don't say it enough, but thank you Peyton. Thank you for being there for Dominic and I while dad couldn't be, especially now. Thank you for being an amazing roll model for the way you treat mom like she is a queen. It's something that has always stuck with me and something I want to do now myself, now that I have wife of my own. So just thank you for being the best bonus mom I could have ever asked for." I said with tears in my eyes.

            Peyton shed a few tears after I finished speaking before pulling me for a tight hug. When she pulled away I wiped a tear away from her cheek only for her to catch my hand and hold onto it.

            "Well, thank you for being the best daughter I could have ever asked for. You know how to treat your women Dani, you always had, the question was always could you two put your issues aside to let love in. Now you finally have and it's been so beautiful to watch. I also think I'm not the only one who wants to get a dance in with you." Peyton said and gave me a tight hug before she stepped back for Dominic to take her place.

            I wrapped my arms around my younger brother and held him close for a few long seconds before I pulled away enough to tuck the dog tag into his breast pocket. Once I finished, we settled into a sway dance again to another song I couldn't think of the name to right now.