BONUS: THE DAY SHE BECAME A SPY

"Hello," the cell door opened. "Had a good night's sleep?"

I opened my eyes. My vision was red, and my hands felt red. My whole body was burning up. I sat up straight. My head spun instantly and I ran to the sink in the small room and threw up. My stomach hurt like hell. My arms felt like lead, and my legs seemed heavier than the heaviest metal on earth.

"Damn," Luke said. "That bad, huh? You've spent the past week just sleeping, so I'd expect some lagging in brain activity."

I closed my eyes, trying to make the red tint in my vision go away. If I hadn't been shackled to the chains, I'd have pounced at Luke and tore him to pieces. I gripped the sink and started to take deep breaths.

"Here's the deal," Luke said. "This cell was created just for strong souls like you. See, you can't conjure weapons in here, and neither can you make them. This whole cell is enforced with Celestial Bronze, you see."

My nerves burst and I turned at Luke ferociously. I ran towards him like I was insane, and Luke, grinning, took a step back. I was pulled back instantly by the chains. "Go away," I growled at him. "Now." Everything hurt. From my spine to my toes to my little pinky. Everything.

"You don't command me," Luke replied. His blue eyes flashed threateningly gold. "I am Kronos in the making. I command everyone. And you, my dear," he said, "are now a prisoner. You hold no right of command. However, I will give you one chance. Join me, and we can rule the world together."

He extended a hand to me.

I felt disgusted. I had fallen for his trap- ugh.

"No," I spat at him angrily. "Go screw yourself, you dingbat."

Luke took back his hand. "Good one," he said. "I'll keep that insult in mind. I could use an advisor like you." He turned around. "Make sure she's fed everyday. I want her for my advice sessions."

"But-" someone argued.

"I know when she's lying and when she's holding back," Luke said. "I can work best with her. Anyway, it's not like she's going to be leaving this place. Once she sees our new world, she'll understand."

"Your new world," I growled, "it's going to be a joke. Kronos lives to see humans die."

"What?" Luke asked.

I smiled. "Did you ever pay attention to what I've taught you?" A metallic taste filled my mouth. "Kronos liked to watch humans getting crushed slowly. He wasted his powers on sadistically watching them die." Something oozed out of my mouth and fell on the ground. Blood. I closed my eyes.

Luke's gaze moved from my eyes to my mouth to the blood. He stared at me like I was now clinically insane.

I smirked. "Some people," I said, "learn from the past. Some people don't."

"Maybe he has changed," Luke said, finally. "Everyone deserves a second chance."

"Not Kronos, no. Would Jack the Ripper have had a second chance if he was imprisoned and let free again?"

Luke didn't reply. He blinked at me in a cold realization. I could almost see the old him coming out...

He finally took a deep breath. "Well," he said. "We'll just have to see that, don't we?" He crossed his hands behind his back and walked towards the door. "See you again soon.... nice hair color, by the way."

I frowned. "What?" I brought down my usually braided bun and looked at my hair.

My eyes filled with tears at once. I stood up and walked to the sink again.