PERCY JACKSON

The great doors of the elevator slid open, and I stepped into Olympus with air of nervousness.

Jason wanted me to meet Apollo. But why?

The great halls were abandoned. Golden thrones glimmered in the setting sun, but they were all empty.

"Hello?" I whispered, my quiet voice echoing through the halls.

It was quiet depressing.

A place larger than the Grand Central Station, completely empty.

Imagine that.

My footsteps echoed through the hall. Soft wind blew through my face as I passed each throne, until I was finally standing right in the middle of hall, looking around me.

Annabeth certainly is a good architect, I decided.

Desperate, I tried one last time, "Hello?"

The hall answered with my own echoes. My heartbeat increased at once.

What the hell happened here?

And just as I turned around to finally leave a minute later, I heard it.

Someone sniffling silently.

I turned back again and started to look around. Olympus was a grand city, but the sniffling was quite close enough for me to figure out where it was coming from.

Taking slow steps that still echoed through the halls, I finally found myself in front of a golden mansion, seemingly empty, its doors wide open.

Apollo's mansion.

Annabeth had always described Apollo's mansion as the most golden, and one of the most beautiful palaces she had built at Olympus.

And now I understood why.

Light reflected off the mansion's golden walls, almost making it seem like it was glowing pure white. The inside seemed like pure white marble, studded beautifully with jewels cut in various shapes and sizes. Honestly, I was tempted to steal a large red diamond that was cut into a gorgeous rose and studded into the center of the marble floor.

With every step I took, I ignored every other thing in the world, admiring the mansion so much, that I could no longer hear the echoes of my footsteps, or the sniffling sounds. I turned around over in over in the center of the hall, my eyes shining with delight. (Kudos, Annabeth.)

"Percy?"

That snapped me back into reality. "Yeah? I'm okay, I'm okay!"

I turned to my side to see a mop of platinum blonde hair framing a pale woman's face.

"Ari!" I gave her a small hug at once. "I'll never get used to seeing you again. It feels like it's been years."

Ari's arms were stiff for a moment, but finally, she melted into the hug, patting my seventeen year old self on the back.

"Good to see you too, Percy," Ari said, her voice incredibly monotonic.

I pulled away with an eyebrow raised. "What happened?"

Ari's gray eyes were sparkling as though every diamond was reflecting light exactly to her with perfect aim. She was indeed beautiful, even then. No wonder Luke loved her as much as he did.

"I was consoling Apollo," Ari said, her eyes tired and sad.

I titled my head, confused. "That's a first," I said. "He asked me to come and meet me."

"Yeah, I know," Ari shrugged. "Give him a mo'. He'll be here before you know it."

"In this mansion, I'm sure I won't even know it if he came here," I smirked.