ARIANA ADLER

"Seriously," I said, looking around in wonder, "what am I doing here, Tones?"

"Well, you re-designed it," Tony shrugged. "You get to see it once in your lifetime, at least, right?"

"I sure do," I replied. "But seriously, this is war zone to me. I really want to go back home. You know what- let's really go back. You know I don't like coming to New York."

"Careful!" a voice sounded behind me, and I ducked just in time to see a large frisbee soaring overhead. 

"Holy Hera," I cursed, and turned around. "Do you have any sense?"

"Sorry," Tony's best friend, Rhodes grinned at me. "I was just trying to get a hand of it." 

"Aw, man," Tony groaned. "Look what you did to all that-" he pointed to the shield, which had settled itself comfortably into a large pillar. "Get it out. I'm not running a shop for terrorists and bikers."

Rhodes smiled apologetically and walked to the pillar, pulling out the shield. "You know, it's kind of your fault for walking in here. It's the war zone."

"See? I told you that!" I hissed at Tony. 

"It's not in use," Tony shrugged. "Plus, it's my building."

"But it's the war zone," I shrugged right back at him. 

"But-"

"Hi," Rhodes introduced himself, interrupting Tony. He held out a hand. "James Rhodes."

"I already knew that," I whispered at him, grinning, and took his hand. "Ariana Adler."

Tony almost pouted. "We were having some personal time, Rhodey, so if you will please-"

"This is the war zone," Rhodes shrugged. "You stay here, you're putting a plaster on your head to get butchered by shields, infinity stones and falcon wings."

"Falcon wings?" I chuckled. "Yeah, that'll be new."

"Actually, it's old," Rhodes said, smirking. "But then again, can't find Sam when you need him."

The sound of rotors and engines starting up hissed into the air. I looked up. Soaring through the air was- a man. I almost gasped in delight.

"Is that carbon fiber?" I asked excitedly. 

He dove down smoothly and landed in style, on one knee.

"Vibranium," he smiled at me.

"This is the Vision," Rhodes smiled. 

"Cool," I replied back. "Did you make the stone by yourself?"

"Nope," Vision replied. "Just learning to control it."

"Pity," I said. "I'd love to have a chat with the person who made that."

"Hey, how about a lovely chat with the person who made the Iron Man suit?" Tony interrupted. "He can fly too!"

I smiled. "I'm just starting to get the hang of this," I said. "What else have you got in this freaky place? Cannons? Crossbows? Oh, it'd be lovely- wait- hear me out," I turned to Tony, "Barn Door Protocol."

"What?" Tony asked.

"For controlled explosions and better protection of the environment!" I said quickly. "Also, who's that?"

I pointed to the pillar right behind me. 

"Hey, there's a redhead there," I said. "Someone figure out who."

"Oh, that's just Peter," Rhodes said. "He likes to prank Tony with jump-scares."

"Yeah, and he never falls for them," Peter emerged from behind the pillar. "Hi! I'm Peter Parker!"