ARIANA ADLER

"You know, these earpieces are extremely uncomfortable," I said as Steve, Natasha and T'Challa made their back to us. 

"You'll get the hang of it," Bucky said, frowning. "Where are your weapons?"

"Oh, I'm just seeing what type of monsters we're fighting and then bringing out the weapons."

"What type?" Bruce asked.

"You know, the die by Celestial Bronze or guns type," I shrugged. 

"You don't have any weapons on you," Bucky said.

"Oh, I do," I said, bringing out my wand. 

"A stick?" 

"It's a deadly stick," I smiled. 

Several large ships emerged from the forest in front of us.

"What's that?" Bucky muttered. "Did they surrender?" 

"Not exactly," Steve replied, turning around to face the enemy.

T'Challa turned to his people for a minute, his eyes full of determination. And then he looked back at the enemy, and with a ringing voice, he yelled, "Yibambe!"

"What?" I asked.

"Wakandan language," Natasha told me. "Get ready."

"Born ready," I smiled. 

The space ships opened and the thing that came out almost made me smile.

They had leathery black and yellow skin. Most of them had four, clawed arms, although some were six-armed. The six legged ones had a special pair of pointed protrusions that spread out from their heads. Their faces lacked any visible eyes, and their mouths were equipped with two rows of razor-sharp teeth.

"Earthborn, space style," I muttered. 

"What?" Sam asked through the earpiece. 

"You'll see.."

They threw themselves in seemingly endless waves against Wakanda's force field, most of them killing themselves in the process. 

"They are mindless," I said. "They work only for their bloodlust."

"They're killing themselves," Okoye said, her voice filled with surprise.

"You seen the teeth on those things?" Sam asked.

Rhodey chuckled. "Alright, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed." He flew over a section that was breached and dropped a barrage of mines.

"Cap, if these things circle the perimeter and get in behind us...There's nothing between them and Vision."

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us," Steve said. 

"And how do we do that?" Okoye asked.

"We open the barrier," T'Challa responded. He put a hand to his ear. "On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeen."

He nodded again. "On my signal."

"This will be the end of Wakanda," a big man, the leader of a tribe said.

Okoye readied her spear. "Then it will be the noblest ending in history."

I pushed my wand back into my pocket. "It's going to be fun fighting in jeans," I said sarcastically, and imagined my bow and arrow in my hand.

"I feel for you, girl," Natasha smiled.

The quiver materialized around my shoulder on its own, and in my palm, the golden bow that Alexandra had given me was glowing a faint blue. I nocked a single arrow and stood at my position, ready to fight.