We stayed like that for a while, just enjoying being near each other. And although I was nervous to start this relationship with him, I knew that I made the right choice.

"Can we take this slow though? I don't want to rush anything." I said apprehensively. The idea of jumping into this scares me to no end. If he really is serious about me too, then he'd want the same.

"Absolutely." He responded, relieving me of my worries. "I want to do this the right way."

"Thank you." I spoke into his shoulder.

Silence engulfed us again before I decided to break it. "I was scared there for a second that you changed your mind." I spoke.

"I could never." He replied, pulling me in tighter.

It felt weird having serious talks with Shawn, so I decided to lighten the mood a little. "I guess you're right. How could you change your mind when you're with someone who's so out of your league like me?"

I felt him let out a laugh and then pull away from the embrace. "I know right. I'm so lucky." He smiled at me and moved a piece of my hair behind my ear.

So much has happened today. I started the day off single and stressed about whether or not I should act on my feelings. And here I am at the end of that same day, in a relationship. Crazy how things happen so fast. All that stress for the past month seemed foolish now.

I was so emotionally drained that I couldn't help the yawn I let out moments later.

"Tired already?" He asked, amused.

"Actually yeah. Very. It's been a long day for me." I replied.

I ran my hand through my hair as Shawn stood up and held his hand out to me.

"Here." He spoke, gesturing me to take his hand.

"What?" I asked, not sure what he was going to do once I grabbed it. I reached my hand out anyway.

Once I was pulled up from the couch, I let out a squeak as my feet were swept up from under me. Shawn threw me over his shoulder. "I just wanted to do this." He laughed.

"Hey!" I protested, "put me down!" I couldn't help but let out a laugh of my own.

"No I don't think so." He replied as he started walking down the hallway towards my room.

I slapped his butt in response.

"Hey don't do that." He playfully scolded.

"Don't tell me what to do." I slapped his butt again for good measure.

"Fine. We're here anyways." He laughed, setting me down as we reached my door.

"Sorry I had to teach you a lesson back there." I teased, playfully narrowing my eyes at him.

He put his hands up in mock surrender. "Lesson: learned."

"Good. And don't forget it." We both lightly laughed at that.

We fell silent after our dumb banter ended, just gazing into each other eyes. I couldn't be happier with how this night has ended. And even though there's always a chance that this could backfire, I'll worry about that later.

I decided to break the silence, "I should -uhh- probably get to sleep now." I suddenly felt shy for some reason. The way he was looking at me made my heart race.

"Uh-yeah." He almost whispered. It looked like we wanted to say something but didn't.

I waited a second longer before turning to walk into my room. Then I suddenly felt a hand on my wrist.

I was quickly spun around, the force of the spin making me loose my balance and end up with my back pressed against the wall next to my door.

The hand holding my wrist guided my hand to the back of his neck, while the other rested on my waist. My heart was beating so loud I swear he could hear it.

His eyes went from mine to my lips before he slowly leaned in. My eyes closed immediately waiting for the impact. And once they met, fireworks went off in my body.

This kiss was slow; passionate. It made my knees weak. His lips engulfed my bottom one, biting softly, sparking something in me. I pulled him in closer. It seemed as though close wasn't close enough. I'd never made out with someone like this before, or for this long. I was losing breath, but I didn't care. In that moment, I felt like I could kiss him for hours.

And all too soon, he pulled away, resting his forehead against mine. Our heavy breaths were mingling together, chests rising and falling in rhythm. I can't believe I'm dating this man.

He pulled his head away, just slightly, only so he could get a good look at my face.

"Sorry I had to do that one more time." He spoke breathily. "Goodnight." He added, smiling slightly at me. I was still speechless from our hot make out session just a few moments ago.

His right hand moved from my waist to my shoulder before slowly traveling his touch down my arm to hold my hand. The trail left goosebumps. He placed a kiss to the back before walking backwards towards his room, smirking at me the whole way. When he got far enough, he disconnected our hands and turned around, eventually leaving my sight.

I watched the spot where he disappeared for a few moments, trying to slow my heart rate. Thank god he stopped when he did. I don't know what might have happened.

I eventually moved from the hallway into my room in a daze, closing the door and sliding my back down to sit on the floor.

I can't believe that just happened. The effect he has on me is crazy. I'm just now realizing how much I like him.

I'm in big trouble. Mhmmm.