Clyde: km gonan br sicj

Tweek: I'll be with you in a sec

I turn back to my lover and begin patching his wounds. He murmurs something and yawns. I check the time. It's only 7. I finished bandaging him and haul him to his feet. He stumbles and almost falls again, but I tug him with me. He stumbles to the front room, where I push him onto a sofa and pull a blanket over him. He starts to ramble apologies until I kiss him softly. He shuts up and nestles into the sofa, falling asleep almost instantly.

I head upstairs to find Clyde. He's hunched over the toilet, spitting and coughing. I sit cross legged next to him and rub his back gently. He spits again and flushes the toilet. I grab him some water and watch as he rinses his mouth out. I pull him back onto the floor with me.

"Talk to me. It's not just Craig suffering right now."

He shakes his head.

"It doesn't matter."

"Yes it does, everyone matters. Talk to me."

He looks at me, eyes filled with tears again. He starts to talk:

"I've known Craig since we were toddlers, maybe even before that. He's my best mate and I've always known everything and he's always told me everything. Like when he first started cutting I was the first one to know and I always helped him and stuff. And please don't take offense to this but ever since you guys started dating he's been getting worse and worse and I just don't know what to do anymore because it's affecting me too. I don't know how to help him anymore."

He's sobbing by the end of it. I open my arms and hold him close as he cries. He starts apologizing and choking out words.

"It's not that I don't like you *gulp* it's just what it is."

"I know. I know."

He coughs and breaks down again, unable to control it. I just hold him until he runs out of tears to cry. He feels limp in my arms worn out after all the hysteria of today. I lead him down stairs again to the other sofa, settling him down to rest. My phone is buzzing with notifications.

*notification: Appointment for Craig Tucker tomorrow at 3:30pm*

*notification: 6 messages from: Butters :]*

*notification: 2 missed calls from: Kenny :]*

*notification: 7 messages from: Tolkien :]*

*notification: 4 messages from: Stan :)*

*notification: 1 missed call from: Kyle :)*

I dreaded opening the messages, but I did anyway.

Butters: hey, are you ok?
Butters: after today i mean
Butters: Kenny said something happened just lmk if you need to talk xx
Butters: also thanks for not being a dick
Butters: abt my identity I mean
Butters: Just text me when you can xxx

*

Tolkien: hey are you ok?
Tolkien: Clyde said some things wrong with Craig
Tolkien: what happened???
Tolkien: im coming over in 15 mins to get Clyde
Tolkien: can I stay tonight
Tolkien: is everything ok???
Tolkien: TWEEK!!

*

Stan: hey dude
Stan: everyone is saying something happened
Stan: if you wanna talk I'm here for u :)
Stan: just lmk if you need anything :))

*

I messaged everyone the same thing:

*something DID happen but it's not my place to explain. I'll probably be busy for the rest of the week but please ignore it in school and act as normal :)*

Then I text Tolkien.

*you can come over and stay over, Clyde's sleeping rn but you're more than welcome over*

I turned my phone off and dropped it on the armchair. I wandered upstairs and grabbed blankets and pillows from Craig's room. I set up the two sofas, assuming that Tolkien would share with Clyde. I also made a spare bed on the floor in case anyone else showed up.

A few minutes pass. Then someone knocks on the door and Tolkien peers around. I gesture for him to come in. He closes the door behind him and whispers to me.

"Everything ok-ish now?"

"Yeah, they've both been asleep for about half an hour. There's a spare bed on the floor if you don't wanna share with Clyde."

He nodded and glanced at me again.

"I've already checked on everyone." I whispered, mistaking his look for one of questioning.

"Has anyone checked on you though?"

I broke at those words, sobbing violently as he wrapped his arms around me.

End.

*
*
*

a/n

finally a proper chapter.

it's very angsty

if you struggle with anything mentioned in this chapter please don't hesitate to reach out to someone. if you don't have anyone you can message me on Wattpad or Discord (Topaz<3#7770)

here are some helplines too:

Suicide prevention line: 116 123

Emergency help: 999/911

Domestic abuse: 08082000247

Eating disorder: 0203 918 6340

Childline: 0800 1111

NHS: www.nhs.uk

Kooth: kooth.com

Childline: childline.org.uk

Beat EDs: beateatingdisorders.org.uk

stay strong and remember I love you so much, you're doing great xxx