"Should I give up ?"

Daniel wondered.

"Give up what ?"

His mother said.

He smiled replying,

"It is nothing , mother"

As their carriage left the palace heading back towards their mansion.

Once the maids saw the second prince arriving they rushed to get his bath ready.

Aylin opened the room's door allowing him to walk in first which he did not really like and thought of just how weak she saw him.

He sat on the bad while Aylin ran towards the closet and started checking all the drawers since she remembered that Clair left some ointment there last time she healed Elmer.

'I have never doubted myself so much'

Louis thought as he watched her go through his stuff.

He really feared that the drawer he locked by himself would just open for her even though he had the key.

"I found it !"

She smiled saying then ran back to him.

Aylin sat next to the prince and started applying the ointment on his bruised hands.

They were definitely not as soft and pretty as they were before he started the training but he did not mind and wished for that moment to last.

When he realized that he has been staring at her for a while , Louis tried to look down.

Aylin bandaged his hands as if she was an expert at it.

She obviously had to deal with her injuries herself.

"Congrats"

She said once she was done.

Her worries disappeared as she knew that he made it and to see that he was still alive.

Louis smiled proudly replying,

"That was nothing but thank you"

The Petrian finally remembered the letter and handed it to him.

And none of them spoke for few minutes.

He read the few lines written by his cousin and felt a little at ease.

'I am doing well so you better be alright too and do not forget to ask for help and get some sleep , eat well too and remember that you are not alone'

"Is this really not for Edmund ?"

Louis complained.

"Edmund received his letter a while ago"

Aylin replied.

She did not understand that the prince did not mean what he said which made him laugh as she smiled watching him and did not ask.

"You were very childish"

The red haired knight scolding.

Alexander did not even reply since he was a little ashamed of himself.

Just because he thought he might get rid of the regret he had for years but he realized that even if he was right about Louis that regret will forever be there.

The regret of not putting Leo in his place.

"Asher !"

Once his friend called Asher left the General alone hoping he reflects on his actions against not only a trainee but a prince.

"What is on your mind ?"

Ezra asked while wondering around the palace's walls by that knight's side.

There was a full moon to be seen clearly on that night's sky.

Which led their way , they did not need any other light.

Ezra's eyes were pointed on the moon most of the time as if he was mesmerized by its beauty.

"A bad feeling"

Asher simply replied.

Up those walls the sky looked a little closer , they decided to sit down there for a while to enjoy the silence.

They were both happy with the results they got that day.

Even though the training will only keep getting harder on those young men but they really showed their all and did not give up which was something they both respected a lot.

It reminded them of their training as well.

Back at the time they were all close friends.

Ivor , Leo , Hiram and those two knights.

It felt as if they were all still together few days ago but how many years did pass already ?

"Stop being negative about everything and..."

Ezra suddenly stopped talking.

He turned towards Asher who immediately got up ready for whoever was coming.

Ezra drew his sword and held it between his hands while Asher who does not usually corry it on him was standing in his fighting position waiting for it...