'A Threat From The King'

Once Louis walked into his room he lied on the ground again and silently drowned into his own thoughts.

Meanwhile Elmer was walking through the hallway with no direction in mind , looking so scared , angry and sad until he heard that voice calling his name...

''Elmer !''

Edmund ran to hug him tight which woke the prince up from all the nightmares he was seeing through his mind and so Elmer kneeled down and patted the child's hair , it was hard on him to smile but he tried to.

''Thank you , I loved those flowers ! do you know it is named The Blue Star''

The first prince kept listening to every word Edmund had to say with that cheerful smile on his face since he was telling about his passion after all.

Betty met the two princes in the hallway , she saw how tired Elmer was and so she decided to give him a rest.

''Prince Edmund , do you want to head to bed early because I have a new fairytale book and you are going to love this one''

She said with a bright smile on her pretty face , no one would say no to that pure heart of hers , and so just like that she led Edmund's way to his room.

Elmer made it to his bed and lied there with so much on his mind , he had this feeling inside of him and he could not even describe it , he suddenly started throwing up and turned so pale at the thought of what could have happened to the two little girls that were just his cousin's age , what was his sick uncle thinking ?

His eyes went teary as he let out whatever was in his stomach , he was so disgusted by it all as he wondered to himself 'How longer can I keep going in this palace pretending that I don't see , I don't hear and I don't know ?' while he knew it all and it kept chasing him every single night.

Whenever he looked into the mirror he felt so disappointed in himself because he knew , if anyone was able to make a change , if anyone was brave enough to risk their life just to get other people's rights , it can never be someone as selfish as him.

About an hour passed by as he was asking himself the same question 'What can I do ?' he heard someone opening his door right after knocking.

"My prince !"

Shouted Betty in fear looking at how tired and ill Elmer suddenly turned to be , he was just so sick of himself and wished that he was really clueless about it all.

"Betty"

His voice cracked once he called out the name of the woman that was patting on his back hoping it might make him feel better , he turned to face her with his broken soul and heart as his tears fell down his face nonstop.

He has been keeping it all in for a while now and maybe crying and showing how weak he truly is , was not as bad as he thought.

"It will be alright"

Said that female's low voice as she embraced the crying prince , she just knew how heavy everything was on him and he had no one to turn to , Elmer has been trying to do a lot just to feel better about himself all along yet lately it is just not enough , it seems more and more like he wants to change.

At dinner's table the King and the three princes gathered and it was unusual but since Leo asked for it they had to show up , the silence was so heavy , no one dared to say a word nor to just smile , even their eating noises were kept inside , it seemed more like everything in there was suffocating them but it was only one thing , Leo's dark aura that made them hold their breaths in.

It was as if he was glaring deathly at the two older princes reminding them that the power is all in his hands and that no one of them can dare to even try taking his crown away , and it was true as long as he was present they would only shake in fear.

At least not the innocent child who was enjoying his meal with a soft bright smile on his face , not knowing what was really going on in there , it was a silent war between the King and the two other princes , but can we really call it a war while it was just him pointing his sword on their necks ?

It was finally over yet right when Elmer got up willing to leave the voice that he fears the most called his name...

"Elmer"

He immediately froze and was not even able to turn and face his uncle , Louis as well froze at once and started hoping that whatever was in his mind will not be happening but sadly his breath got held once more when Elmer turned towards Leo who looked at him with that stoned face of his putting on an evil smirk as he said...

"Do it again and I will pull your head of your body dear nephew"

The two princes were sweating so bad , it was just a warning but why wasn't anyone of them able to look the other man in the eyes , they did not say a thing , did not move , their breath suddenly got heavier as the King got up and walked through the empty chairs finally reaching Edmund's one as he put his filthy hand on the child's hair and started messing it.

"It was a joke"

Leo said those words as he glared at the two other ones.

They felt chills all over their bodies as that dirty hand touched their little brother and rubbed his innocent clueless face that has never felt such an affection from his father before which got him feeling happy.

Right after announcing his warning that was more like a threat , as if he was saying I will start by slaying this child in front of both of you before your turn comes , Leo walked out of the room and once the door was closed Elmer and Louis both let out a heavy sigh and looked terrified by what they just saw , they could finally breath holding their chests tight because it felt heavier on them to take.

"What is it ?"

The little prince got worried at the sight of those two , they were shaking and sweating as if they just woke up from the worst nightmare ever yet the thing is that they did not even wake up yet.

"Nothing"

Said Elmer who tried to gather all of the strength left in him to walk towards his little brother , and right before he reached him he remembered the scene he just saw which got him to hesitate...

"Let's get you into the shower"

He smiled through it but his inside was still shaking in fear , he just had to act like nothing was wrong in front of Edmund who just smiled back brightly replying...

"Yes !"

And just like that they walked out of there as well.

"It's all on you ! Are you insane ? What were you thinking ?"

Louis shouted once Elmer put Edmund to sleep and walked out of his room , he closed the door calmly before replying...

"Let's talk about it tomorrow"

Louis could not even say no or get mad at it because the first prince sounded so tired , something in him died once more and he just had no energy , so just like that each of them spent that sleepless long night thinking of the bad things that happened and expecting the worst...