Chapter 30: Light

*GREY'S POV*

I walk in the front door to silence. I thought Lola was home?

Dug isn't downstairs and running to me so i assume they are together.

I quietly walk up the stairs and into my room where Dug and Lola are laying together, small sniffles coming from Lola.

"Lola." I whisper lifting the covers sliding into the bed. She instantly rolls over and wraps her arms around my neck cuddling into me. I wrap my arms around her waist holding her securely.

"Have you been here all day?" I softly stroke her hair.

"Y-yes. I'm sorry. I-i'm not having a good day."

"You don't need to apologise."

She looks up at me through tears which breaks my heart.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"I-it's just i feel like such a burden all the time and your the one who constantly has to fix my problems because i can't do it myself."

"It's what i'm here for, sweetheart."

"B-but you shouldn't have to deal with this."

"You shouldn't have to deal with this alone."

I know how much she constantly fights with her inner thoughts. Always telling her she's a burden and not good enough.

But she doesn't realise how she's none of that. She's the most loving and beautiful girl i've ever met.

I wish she could look at herself through my eyes. It fucking hurts me watching her in pain and i don't know how to help her.

"I'm sorry i'm like this." She whispers.

"You listen to me and you listen well, your not a fucking burden on me or anyone around you, i love you, your my girl, i'll protect you with my life. I'd crawl inside that fucking head of yours and tell it to shut up because it hurts you and that hurts me. I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here for you. I love you so fucking much it hurts when i leave you for two seconds. Your not a burden to me. Understood?"

She nods with a small smile. I give her a soft kiss wiping her tears.

"Have you eaten?"

She shakes her head.

"What do you want?"

"I don't feel like eating. I just want to sleep."

"How about i make you a bowl of mac and cheese and then you can sleep, okay? Then your asleep on a full belly."

Belly. She loves that word for some reason. Way more than stomach. It's odd but cute.

"Okay." She nods.

I smile giving her a soft kiss happy she agreed to eat.

I stand up and pull my blazer off, loosening my tie and sliding it over my head. I unbutton my shirt and pull my pants down and turn around where Lola is staring at me.