Chapter 1: Silence

*VIOLA'S POV*

I stand under the morning sun in my front garden watering my sunflowers. I hum to myself enjoying the crisp air with the shining light.

I hear a russle and turn around and jumping seeing my friend, Leah.

"Didn't mean to scare you Viola."

"It's okay." I give her a warm smile.

Me and Leah met in highschool and have been together ever since. She's my only friend. And i'm very happy she is.

"What are you doing here so early?" I put my watering can down under the porch.

"You know how i'm assistant to the boss at the book firm, yeah?"

"Of course."

"So basically, i'm up for a job interview as a journalist with the local newspaper."

My eyes basically pop out my head.

"Congratulations!" I rush towards her giving her a squish.

"Thank you."

I've always been so proud of Leah. She's so smart and talented. She even goes to university. Something i wish i could do.

I don't have many talents. There's nothing that special about me. One day i hope i can find something i'm really good at and enjoy doing.

"Anyway, i have to miss work today but my boss really needed someone in to greet all the people for a meeting and get them coffee because he's an ass and can't do it himself. And i said i could find someone to do it."

I can feel where this is going.

"So i was wondering if you could do it." She winces.

"O-of course, i'd do anything for you, and you know that. But how many people are going to be there?"

People don't usually like me. I get nervous and stutter like crazy. I can't help it. But also when i'm nervous i talk a lot and whatever is in my mind flows out my mouth.

"Just his usual 7 boys, but you will be fine. They will love you, plus the focus on Grey, not you."

"Grey?" I tilt my head.

"My boss."

"O-oh right." I nod my head.

"What do you say?"

"Yeah, i'll do it." I smile.

"Ugh thank you, your a lifesaver." She swamps me in her arms.

"I'll send you the details but i've got to get running. Be there by 9. Don't be late."

"Okay, thanks."

"Oh also, make sure you call him boss, sir or mr, he hates when people say his name at work."

"Got it." I nod.

She quickly rushes out my porch and onto the stepping stones leading out the gate of my grand-parents two story cottage-type home.

"W-wait, what do i wear?" I yell. But she quickly drives off.

Crap.

I walk inside and up to my room. My grandparents are on a their usual morning walk with their friends.

My room is in the attic on the top floor. Technically it's a 3 story home if you count that, but it's not meant to be.

My grandparents did it up and i love it. It's got white walls all around with flowers and big bed with pastel purple sheets and a large mirror i like to dance infront of.