Chapter 18: Home

*VIOLA'S POV*

I walk into my cottage house.

"Gran! I'm home." I smile walking into the kitchen in a good mood after spending the night at Grey's.

"Gran?" I walk around the island kitchen and see Gran, laying there. On the ground. Still.

I stand not knowing what to do. My blood going cold.

"Gran." I cry dropping to the ground next to her head.

"Gran wake up." I sob shaking her. She doesn't budge.

I look at the calendar on the fridge and it says Grandpa is at the football game in the city.

I call the only person i can.

"Hi, dar- what's wrong?"

"Grey." I sob.

"Lola, baby, what's wrong?"

"G-gran. She's on the floor. S-she isn't moving."

"Stay there, i'm on my way."

"T-thank you." I sniffle.

He stays silent, the sound of the city and his car slamming in the background.

I continue sobbing looking at Gran on the ground.

"Lola."

I can barely speak as my body shakes. I hiccup wiping my face.

"Breath with me, Lola."

"I-i can't."

"Come on sweetheart. Please."

I stay silent as a tear rolls into my mouth.

Yummy.

I slowly take deep breathes trying to control myself. I hear a beep through my phone.

"Grey?"

No answer.

"Grey." I sob.

"I'm here." His voice rings in the corridor. I get up and turn around where Seb and John rush over to Gran.

Grey comes to me and wraps me in his arms. I slide mine around his neck sobbing.

"I've got you." One of his hands holds the back of my head the other tightly around my waist.

"I can't do this." I cry.
"Not again."

"I know my darling. I know."

She was the closest thing i had to a mother through all of my teenage years.

Grey's body tenses under my touch as he lifts his head from my shoulder.

No. Please no.

I can feel him mouthing something to the boys.