Chapter 6: Dug

*VIOLA'S POV*

I walk into the house after work. I'm so glad Grey found me with that lady. She was really mean.

I can't get over the forehead kiss he gave me. My whole body basically flew to heaven and saw my parents.

I am never washing my face again.

Kidding, i'd get pimples.

My grandparents aren't home. Aw man. Now i have to entertain myself.

I decide to bake some banana-bread because why not?

~~

I pull the bread out the oven as the sound of the front door opens.

Gran and Pop walk into the kitchen, the moonlight shining through the windows.

"What the fuck." Pop rumbles.

"Oh i-i'm sorry about the mess, i was just about to clean it up."

"You fucking better."

"I-i will."

I quickly begin cleaning up getting scared by his tone.

Pop cuts a piece of my fresh banana-bread and eats it before spitting it out.

"This is disgusting." He gulps a cup of water.

"I-i still need to add some cinnamon icing."

"Don't bother." He grabs it throwing in the bin.

Tears slip down my cheeks at his actions.

"Stop crying."

I wipe my tears as i tremble.

"You know, we took you in when your parents died and you don't even treat us right. You don't pay any money, clearly don't cook good food and you take up so much space. Your sleeping around with that boy and your barely even home to clean or do anything."

"I-i'm sorry."

"That's enough Arnold." Gran speaks.

"She's a wuss."

My body unfreezes as i grab my phone off the bench and leave the dining room. I walk out the front door alone and scared. It's pitch black out here. The moon and street lights guiding my way.

I don't know why i just left. It's not like i have anywhere to go.

I get on my bike and ride around aimlessly and i see Grey's house in the distance.

I slowly ride over to his house. Down the long gravelled driveway beside the huge grass areas.

I park my bike and walk to his door anxiously. I stand there trying to knock on the door. I'm so nervous.

A gust of bind blows through chilling my body which makes me knock.

I hear footsteps and cursing inside.