Chapter 22: Connected

*VIOLA'S POV*

I'm looking in Grey's movie cabinet trying to find 'The secret garden'.

I don't even know if he has it but it's worth a shot. I find it. Woah boy. I read the random writing on the side and it says 'Property of Lilly.'

It makes more sense it was his mums, i can't imagine Grey watching the secret garden.

I pull it out and watch as an album falls out. I pick it up looking at the title.

'Grey Everest's childcare portfolio'

I smile and walk into his home-office where he's working, Dug asleep on his feet.

"Grey, can i look at this?" I flip it around to him. He glances at it and nods.

"Come here."

I smile walking towards him and sitting on his lap facing the desk as he wraps his arms around my waist holding me.

"I haven't even seen these." He kisses under my ear.

"I'm excited to see baby Grey." I giggle opening it.

"How old were you in these?"

"Three i think."

The first few photos are of him playing, hanging with the other kids and crafting.

"Look at you, little social butterfly." I giggle at the photo of him on the swings with another little boy.

"Not anymore."

I flip to the next page and it's a group photo of the class and teachers. My body freezes.

"Why are you with my mum?" I point.

"What?"

"Your teacher, that's my mum."

"It is?"

"It looks like her and see, it says her name at the bottom."

"Look, she's pregnant." Grey points to her stomach.

"With me!"

"Hm."

"That is so cool. My mum knew you. And you knew my mum."

"Coincidence."

"Very much."

I turn to the next page where it's a note.

Grey is a wonderful student. He is very advanced for his age and loves talking. He always tells me about how excited he is to meet my baby. He hopes it is a girl so he can apparently marry her one day and we can become family.

P.S, Our families need to have dinner again soon.

"You must of really liked my mum."

"Clearly. I wanted to marry you before you were even born."

"That's funny." I giggle.

"That's actually fucking creepy."

"Cool but creepy."

"Very fucking cool."

I smile kissing him. He grips my waist tighter as i lean into his touch.

"And our familes were friends. My parents never said anything about them though." I say.

"Most people didn't after my mum died."

We're always connected