Chapter 5: Friends

*GREY'S POV*

I walk into Betty's Bakery for my morning breakfast which has become part of my routine for the past week.

Since our.. date. I think that's what it was, we've hung out everyday this week.

Either her coming to my office, me going to the bakery when she's finished work or going to her house.

She's so fucking adorable and hot at the same time. I can't handle it.

I look around the store for Lola. She isn't anywhere in sight.

I hear faint noises out the back. I walk behind the counter and open the doors where an elderly lady is glaring down at Lola and she has tears running down her cheeks.

Both of them snap their heads to me at the sound of the door closing.

Lola's bottom lip quivels as i walk towards them.

I look at the lady. She isn't wearing the same apron as the other workers and doesn't have a badge on.

She doesn't work here.

I wrap my arm around Lola's perfect waist and she leans into my touch.

"I think you should leave now." I lower my voice as it rumbles in the echoey room.

"I just was." She smiles leaving.

"What did she say to you?" I bring Lola infront of me cupping her cheeks wiping away those tears that hurt me so bad.

"I-i told her we were out of s-sausage rolls and she said to check the back so i came out here and she followed me. S-she said i wasn't doing a good enough job and s-should try harder to provide for the customers." She sniffles looking into my eyes.

"Don't listen to her, darling. She's not worth it."

"B-but what if she's right."

"She's not. I promise."

I rub my thumbs under her eyes looking deep into her big brown doe eyes.

"A-are we f-friends, Grey?"

"Yes." I say without hesitation.
"Why do you ask?"

"I don't really have many friends and i just wanted to make sure we were."

I softly smile at her. She's so cute.

I slowly lean down and leave a soft kiss on her forehead. I pull away as her cheeks flame red.

"Okay?" I whisper.

"Okay."

My mum used to say 'Okay?' with me all the time when her and dad were fighting and she would check on my during the night. Now it's become almost a habit. More evident with Lola.

She wipes her tear-stained tears taking a deep breath before walking around me. I follow her as she walks back into the main cafe.

"What do you want to eat?" She smiles at me. I let my eyes slowly slip down her figure.

Fuck she's gorgeous. A goddess.

"Hello? Earth to Grey."

I snap my eyes back to hers leaning against the counter crossing my arms.

"What would you like to eat?"

"Whatever's your favourite."

"You won't like what i like."

"I might."

"Okay then." She giggles grabbing a plate. She places a strawberry muffin on it and handing it to me.

I think she loves strawberries.

I stare down at the muffin before looking back at Lola.

"Try it."

I keep in my groan as i take a bite out of it.

This is fucking disgusting. I do not like cooked fruit.

I swallow it down and put the rest of it on the counter.

"How do you like it?"

"It's good."

She rolls her eyes with a giggle.

My phone buzzes taking me out our stare. I groan picking it up placing it to my ear without reading who it is.

"Hello, it's Grey."

"Your car insurance needs to be upgraded." A mono-tone voice rings in my ear.

I'm being scammed.

"No it doesn't." I mumble.

"Stop being mean." Lola whispers which i shake my head.

"We're the best company for you."

"Fuck o-"

Lola takes my phone from me placing it to her ear.

"I'm sorry about my friend Grey, he's a bum hole."

She nods her head as the guy speaks.

"Lola, give me the phone. They are scamming me."

She shakes her head.

"Sure! My credit card number is 086-" I take the phone from her hanging up.

"Hey! They were going to upgrade my car insurance."

"You don't have a car."

"Oh i forgot about that."

I shake my head with a small smile.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I want a forehead kiss 😭