Chapter 23: Him

*VIOLA'S POV*

While me and Grey are watching a movie i get up to go to the toilet.

"Where are you going?" He whips his head up to me his voice going sterner making me shutter slightly.

"T-to the toilet."

"Oh." He looks back to the tv. I furrow my brows going to the bathroom and peeing then going back to him.

I walk in the room where Grey is already looking at me.

"I'm sorry." He whispers shaking his head.

"You don't need to be sorry."

I watch as tears form in his eyes.

"I'm just not having a good day. I didn't mean to get upset." He slowly places his hands on my waist as i reach him.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's my mums birthday." He whispers.

I know how he feels. It hurts so bad.

I slowly get onto his lap straddling him, linking my arms around his head as he burries his head in my neck.

"Your so strong." I fiddle with his gold chain.

"Your so strong."

We both stay silent holding eachother.

"My dads getting married. He told me today. On my mums birthday."

"I'm so sorry."

"I haven't spoken to the fucker in years and then he pulls this. Typical."

I stay silent letting him talk.

"M-my mum got cancer when i was eight. I came home from the hospital one d-day and, fuck." He curses under his breath.

"Im right here." I whisper.

"He was cheating on my mum. While she was going through chemo."

"You and your mum didn't deserve that."

"I never told her. I couldn't. And then, she beat cancer. She was better. But when i was 11 it came back and all the memories of what dad did came back to me. One night, i was really angry at my dad. Him and mum were fighting and to shut them up, i told mum he cheated."

He lets out small sniffles into my neck gripping me tighter.

"They fighted and fighted and when mum was back in hospital she filed divorce papers. I chose to live with my mum, here. But i was basically alone because she was in hospital. I've hated my dad ever since the day i caught him. And now he's fucking getting married. And told me on her birthday. He's a selfish pig, always has been."

"You deserve so much better."

"You think so?"

"I know so, Grey."

"I hate him so much."

"I know." I softly run my fingers through his hair.

"I miss my mum. I wish she got to meet you."

"I wish i got to meet her too. She sounds amazing."

"She would of liked you."

I stay silent just holding him as he talks.

"Thank you for listening." He whispers placing a soft kiss to my neck.

"I'll always listen."

I love how he apologised after doing like nothing wrong bahah