Riots and Chaos -71-

You rubbed your arms, slamming the pickaxe into the stone again. If it wasn't for the fact your powers just wouldn't work, you would've already broken out and had the Skull Sorcerer crying for mercy.

"What is this stuff we're mining for?" Lloyd asked, picking up a stone, "It looks familiar."

Nya studied the rock for a minute before her eyes widened, "It's vengestone. That's why our powers failed."

Oh that's what it looked like? You could've sworn it looked different in Chen's prison.

"Hey! Leave him alone, you big bully!" Cole yelled at a skeleton for whipping one of the rock-rhino things. He threw his pickaxe at the skeleton, pinning the whip against a wall.

The skeleton frowned, before snatching a whip from another skeleton.

It walked towards Cole, causing him to step back. "Okayy.. um, did not think that through."

The skeleton swung the whip back before cracking it where Cole had stood, fortunately he jumped away from it.

Nya made some strange eye movements, but you basically got it. As the skeleton pulled the whip back again, you both grabbed on to the leather, and pulled it back.

The skeleton went flying backwards, falling on its back.

Cole laughed, picking up his ball and chain, dropping it on the skeleton. "That's one way to destroy an artifact."

The Munce and Geckles started cheering, but then a whole team of skeletons came running over.

They grabbed everyone, tugging and pulling and mostly just swarming, shoving you into one of the bone cages. At least you now had the uncomfortable chain off.

"That accomplished very little." Zane sighed.

Cole chuckled, leaning back, "Yeah, but it was worth it." The rock-rhino from before came over behind the cage, and licked the back of Cole.

He whipped around in shock, before softening up. "Oh, you again." Cole smiled, rubbing the size of the rock-rhino's chin.

"Here. Murt bring food." A certain Munce announced, handing Lloyd a bowl of... Whatever the fuck that slime was.

He smiled, "Thanks Murt-"

Lloyd got shoved by a Geckle, who started eyeing Murt. "Don't trust Munce bearing gifts!"

"Don't trust Geckle blade stealers!"

You groaned, "Why do you guys hate each other again? Like did we ever go over this or are you just fighting for no reason?"

The two creatures started growling at each other, creating a very uncomfortable environment for everyone. Though, it wasn't like you were comfortable here in the first place.

Cole turned back around to look at the two fighting, "Yeah, I wanna know about this whole 'blade stealer' thing. You keep mentioning it, but we have no idea what it is."

"Yes, I, too, am curious." Zane added, fending himself off from Geckles trying to strip him for parts. "Please explain the origin of your mutual mistrust" Jay shooed them off, making sure they didn't try again.

The Geckle sighed. "Oh. Very well. I will tell you if the Two Blades." He growled, glaring at Murt before starting his story.

"One was the Ivory Blade of Deliverance. The other, was the Shadow Blade of Deliverance. They belonged to a mighty warrior named Gilly-"

Murt interrupted, "Milly."

Cole frowned, "Before you start fighting, just skip the name. It doesn't matter! Just finish the story, please."