And the ones dead within their own mind -14-

One perk of having your powers gone, was you had gotten headaches way less. Though this luxury quickly faded as loud noises, and drumming started from outside the locked room.

You munched on a fortune cookie off of the broken conveyer belt as you read the fortune, "a lonely darkness is coming..that's a shit fortune." You mumbled as you swallowed.

Another competitor must've lost the competition from all the chanting. It seemed louder and you just hoped it wasn't Lloyd. 

The doors opened up and the guards must've thrown someone in, but you couldnt see past the machinery. You quickly shoved the disgusting orange beanie back on your head as you followed Zane and Cole. The jet behind you was swiftly covered.

You realized that a bunch of competitors had been dragged through including Jay. 3 people were missing though, Kai, Skylar, and Lloyd. 

Jay was thrown to the conveyer belt in front of the 3 of you and he mentioned something about positive thinking as Cole got his attention.

"Cole? Y/n? And Zane? Is that you?" Ah, you look amazing!"

Cole shushed Jay, "They think me and Zane have escaped and don't know we're here.  We're breaking everyone out."

Zane nodded, "Correction-"

You interrupted Zane, "We're building everyone out."

Cole looked over to where Karlof was, "They think we're fixing the noodle machine, but we're fixing a Roto Jet."

"A Roto Jet?" Jay questioned, "But aren't we underground?"

Cole shrugged, "That's what I've been saying, but Zane and Karlof seem to have an idea."

Karlof turned around, "What happened to positive thinkin-"

"No talking! And hurry up with that noddle machine!" A guard yelled from the walkway overhead.

Karlof assured him it would be finished soon. You guys didn't have much time. 

Cole perked up, "Hey, do you know where Kai is?"

Jay groaned, "Last I heard, he's getting 'special' treatment." He grumbled with air quotations.

"He's banging Skylar? Out of all times now seems like a horribl-"

You elbowed Cole, "I think Jay is saying we might have a way out of here."

Jay sighed, "There was a spy. It ended up being Skylar. She convinced Chen to spare Kai, but his powers were still taken. I hope he's onto something, I can't think with all this noise."

▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭▬▭

The roto jet was going really well, but the construction all paused when a loud alarm started blaring overhead. After awhile it went off and then a scream from the large purple snake erupted, shaking the room.

"Don't focus on that. Keep working on the Jet." Cole yelled, he had been underneath some machines, taking out bits and bolts of it.

It stopped and then loud crashes started overhead. What was happening? Had Lloyd come to get you guys out? Or was it Kai trying to help?

Helping tighten nuts and bolts, you sighed, not knowing how long it had been since you were thrown in here, you sighed, reaching down for another nut. Your hand slipped and knocked one off. Cracking your neck as you stood up, you looked around and saw it rolling off towards the door. 

You had almost caught up to it when it rolled under.

"Get back to work valentine's day." 

Groaning, you wished you still had your powers. Maybe you could've gotten the bolt back or even made a new one quickly. "A machine part got through the door, it won't work without it."