In which the team works together -40-

"While that Clutch Powers guy might've run off to save himself, stranding us here, but I have to admit, his book is pretty good." Jay had decided to start a book club to talk about Clutch's book. Only problem was you only had one copy and it was from a dead person.

Another explosion sounded, causing the whole room to shake. What had happened outside?

Jay had started speaking gibberish, causing everyone to roll their eyes in annoyance. "How is saying a bunch of nonsense possibly gonna help us?" Lloyd questioned, obviously annoyed.

He shrugged, "It says it keeps you calm by relaxing your face...BroBrogoo-goo.. BroBrogoo-goo.."

Zane frowned, "Perhaps Clutch didn't abandon us. Perhaps he went to seek help. Also Jay, as I told you before, my visions always come true."

You knitted your brow. "Zane? Are you saying you had a vision?" He nodded. "That you were unsure about." He nodded again. "And didn't have the thought it might be good to ask me?!" You were practically able to get a degree in magical-vision-ology (if it had existed) with how much you had practiced over the month long break after the Oni.

Scoffing, Nya swiveled, "I'm sure Clutch definitely didn't abandon us to save his own hide. Just like how the evil snake queen we just accidentally released from an ancient tomb is heading to Ninjago for some sightseeing."

"I find that highly unlikely." 

Nya sighed, "We need to update your sarcasm circuits buddy...If, we get outta here."

Cole rolled his eyes, "We wouldn't even be hanging here if Jay hadn't opened that crypt!"

"Me?!" Jay gasped, "Zane's the one who didn't warn us in time.... BroBrogoo-goo.."

Lloyd scrunched his nose, "How can you blame Zane? Who opens a possibly cursed tomb without checking it out first?"

"Opening a tomb is how you check it out! You have a lot of experience opening ancient tombs! Why didn't you warn us-" Jay winced as you kicked his leg. You guys needed to start arguing, and bringing up forgiven pasts where not a good way to stop arguing. "Anyways, bet it's Kai's fault. He's the one who let her steal his powers." 

An unconscious Kai limply hung from the shackles, swinging everytime someone slightly moved. 

Lloyd sighed, "Ignoring Jay, how's he doing Zane?" 

Zane scanned Kai, looking for any health concerns, "His vitals are stable. He should recover shortly."

Nodding, Lloyd gazed around the room, "That's good. Now we just have to figure a way out of here. Any ideas?" 

Jay waved around his book in Lloyd's face, "Oo Oo ooh! Clutch's book has a section about Escaping from Close Calls." He glanced down at the book to read it as the torches lighting the room slowly fizzled out. That's not so good.

From where Aspheera had been held before, molten lava slowly dripped into the room, causing it to light up again. 

Jay screened, causing your ear to ring for a few seconds, "DONT PANIC!! Clutch has s whole chapter on rising lava...I just have to turn to that page-" he then continued to not turn the page, and instead drop the book into the scolding hot liquid. "NOOO! Oh, that book was our only hope!" Maybe Jay was still pretty soft. 

Lloyd flipped around so his feet were on the wall, practically laying flat, "Everyone. We need to get out of here and quick, so follow my lead." He started pulling down on the chain, causing everyone else to shake. 

You sighed, flipping over to try tugging as well. It only took a few minutes to break through the stone holding the chain in place, but it caused you to go flying towards the lava. You screamed, picking up your legs from being scolded off. Maybe it would be best you didn't get into any fights with Kai after he got his powers back.