49/DEXTER

Hayden's pov'

Hayden's pov'

I stayed at the hospital, I stayed and explained to Bailey that the Dexter on the bed, her boyfriend is my brother. She was shocked but then she accepted it because she knew from the beginning from the similarities we shared.

I was happy, I cried like a baby when I saw him. I still can't get over the fact that I finally found him even though he's mentally somewhere else but physically still here.

I have faith in him, I know he will come back to me, he will come back to us. He has to, he has a whole like ahead of him, he has a younger brother to look after, he has a girlfriend he has to take care of.

I won't let him go.

I've been here all night, looking out for him. 'He's doing so well' the nurses said and I really do believe that myself, his hands are moving and he's breathing better. They believe sometime this month he'll wake up and I'm praying he does.

I need to hug him and tell him how much I've missed him and how long I've been hoping to find him. How lucky I am to have finally found him.

I rest my head in my palms and close my eyes for a bit. A hand softly laying on my shoulder making me look up to see who it was.

Almira, my beautiful girl.

I get up pushing all thoughts at the back of my head and pulling her to my chest, hugging her like it's my last time ever doing it.

"Hey baby," she sniffles but I don't pull back, I know that it's my fault that she's hurting and it's my job to make things right.

I don't want her to hurt but I've realized that if I don't tell her about my past mistakes she's going to live her life not knowing I lied to her. She'll understand that I was young and dumb but if she doesn't understand I'll make sure she understands that I'm not my dumb 14 year old anymore. I'm mature and I'm capable of controlling myself and my emotions.

I just need her in my life for the strength and courage to do so.

"I love you, I'm so sorry." I whisper to her and she nods in my neck.

"I understand Hayden, you don't have to apologize." She says and I close my eyes tightly, just knowing what she's about to hear from me.

"That and for something else." I pull back and look down at her teary eyes. I wipe her cheeks off any tears and kiss her forehead before pulling her out of the room.

I need to take her to a more secluded area for this.

And I've got a perfect one in mind.
I took a walk today before morning and I found a field that was so perfect for a peaceful picnic. It was a shame not many people knew of this place.

The walk wasn't quiet, she asked me if my injuries were hurting since Bailey had told her about my small accident and she rushed to get to me and make sure I wasn't too hurt, which I confirmed that I was okay and I was standing. She was really concerned as I could see in her face and in her tone but I convinced her I was doing fine so she didn't worry.
I responded to all her questions that she was throwing at me even though the lump slowly rising up my throat at the thought of telling her the truth was painful.