37/girl next door

Hayden's pov'

Hayden's pov'

Loud ass knocks came from the downstairs front door and I groan while getting up, trying not to wake Almira up. I made sure I lied her down right before I covered her up with her blanket and left the room, closing the door behind.

I quickly made my way downstairs, feeling annoyed at the way they were pounding their fists against the door like they were being chased by a goddamn killer or something.

Fucks sake.

I pulled the door open and didn't expect to  be engulfed in a hug the second the door was opened enough to fit a body.

The girl from next door that I didn't know the name of was hugging me tightly and I was watching her so confused as I held the door with my left hand and held my right in the air.
I don't want to touch her.

What is she doing?

She sniffles and in seconds I start hearing her whimper. She was crying for what?

"Um? Are you okay?" I ask, still very much confused as to why she was holding me so tightly as if I was her savior or something.

I sound rude but I don't like that she's plastered to me like this. It doesn't feel right.

"Nooo," She stretched our the 'o'.
I patted her shoulder hoping to get her off me and talk to her instead of doing this.

"What happened?" I ask again, feeling very uncomfortable standing in the middle of the foyer and listening to her cries.

"Somebody broke into my house and stole my expensive stuff and when I tried to tell him to leave my stuff he pointed a gun at me and told me to shut my mouth or he'll kill me and I almost had a panic attack." She explained and while doing that she started shaking so I i closed the door and placed my hand on her back to try and calm her down.

I rub my hand up and down the highest part of her back, I wasn't cheating was I?

"Come on, let's sit down." I pull her a little and she listens and walks with me to the living room and sit down.
"Did you call the cops?" I look down at her face and see that she was actually crying but she was trying to not make any noise.

She nodded and wiped off her cheeks.

"It's okay, they'll catch him and bring your things back. Don't cry." I ran my hand in circles on her back since that seemed to help her.

She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around my neck again.

Oh please Almira wake up, I need you right now.

I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea when she seems her on me like this. I don't like it one bit either, though I can't just push her away.

Like hearing my pleas for help I heard Almira's steps walking down the stairs indicating that she was up.