Chapter 91: Role-play

Sienna jumps off the dock and splashes straight into the lake. I catch her and keep her above the water, making sure she's safe. Her giggles are infectious. She has become obsessed with jumping in the water with me catching her, and for the last 5 minutes, that's all she's been doing. For a 3 year old, she is very fearless. She's only had a few swimming lessons, but that doesn't stop her from having fun. Nothing seems to phase her, and it's great.

"Again!" Sienna squeals and lifts her arms in the air.

I hold her up to Wesley, who is standing on the dock, and he takes her from me. As soon as he places her down, she runs and jumps off straight into the water and into my arms again.

"Again!" She giggles.

"No." I widen my eyes and laugh. "I need a break! My arms are starting to ache."

"Oooooh. But I only jumped 500 times."

"Yeah, it feels like it."

"Give Uncle Mike a break, Nenna." Wes chuckles. "You're gonna break his spaghetti arms."

"Spaghett- hey!" I exclaim and splash water at him.

Sienna is now in a fit of giggles.

"What?!" He laughs. "I keep telling you to come back to the gym with me."

I roll my eyes. Sienna is still giggling, which makes me smile.

"What do you think you're laughin at, girl?"

"Spaghetti arms." She said, showing a cheeky smile.

I raise an eyebrow and smirk.

"I'll give you spaghetti arms."

I lift her up out of the water and hold her in the air before splashing her back down, making her laugh and squeal each time.

Maya and Amy are sat over by the tree watching us. I glance over at them and see Maya pointing the camcorder at us with a big grin on her face.

"Speaking of spaghetti, we should get some lunch soon." Wes said.

"Not yet!" Sienna protested.

"Aren't you hungry?"

"Nope."

"Well, you can't stay in the water all day. You'll turn into a fish."

"I wanna be a mermaid." Sienna grins.

"And you'd make a beautiful mermaid, but mermaids gotta eat too."

"No, I don't want to go yet." She frowns.

"You can have 5 more minutes, Sienna, and then it's time to eat." Amy said as she made her way over to us.

"Ohhhh..." She pouts.

"Hey, come on, little mermaid, show us how well you can swim." I smile as I look down at her in my arms.

I swim with her for a few minutes longer, and then Wes and Amy get in and take over so I can have a rest.

"You all pruned up?" Maya chuckles as she watches me walk towards her.