Chapter 50: Take A Bite

"Wesley, stop eating the strawberries!" Amy scolds and slaps his arm playfully.

"That's what they're here for!" He exclaims.

"No, you pick them, pay for them and then you eat them."

Maya and I laugh at them and give each other a look.

"Ugh, yes, mother." He rolls his eyes, shaking his head.

Amy widens her eyes and then glares at him.

"Excuse me?"

Wes shows a cheeky smile and wraps his arm around her waist, pulling her close to him.

"I can't help it baby, they taste good and they're sweet, just like you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Amy mumbles, trying to hide her smile.

He grins and plants kisses on her cheek, making his way down to her neck.

"Stop!" Amy shouts through her giggles, trying to push him off her.

"Yeah, please stop." I make a face.

Wes gives me a look, and Maya starts giggling at us as her and Amy walk off in front.

"Don't be jealous, Mike." He smirks.

"I'm not." I laugh and pull a face.

"That could be you and Maya, but you're too chick-"

"I'll shove these strawberries down your throat in a second."

"Woah." He widens his eyes. "That escalated quickly."

I laugh and shake my head.

"But, have you made a move yet?"

"Wes, we literally had this conversation yesterday - a day ago. How can I-"

"Don't give me excuses." He makes a face. "I told you to speed things up."

"Rome wasn't built in a day."

He sighs and rolls his eyes at me.

"Well, what are you doin talkin to me?! Go talk to your girl. Work your magic." He slaps me on my back and pushes me forward which makes me stumble.

I look back at him with a glare and he starts laughing.

"Seriously, don't think I won't." I raise my eyebrows and hold up the small basket of strawberries.

"Oooh, I'm so scared." He holds his hands up and pretends to look frightened before pulling a straight face. "Move your chicken butt, Jackson, before I kick it."

I take a deep breath and adjust my sunglasses before making my way over to Maya. I admire how beautiful she looks today. She's talking and laughing with Amy while biting and sucking on a strawberry. She looks so sexy, and just watching her makes me feel things. The sun gives her strawberry blonde curls a beautiful shine, and I notice her cute freckles even more in this weather. She's so unique and naturally pretty, it's unreal. She's the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on.

"Amy!" Wes calls out.

"Yeah?" She leaves Maya and walks over to him.

He gives me a look and smirks, nodding his head.

"Hey." I smile as I stand next to Maya.

"Hey." She smiles back and licks some of the strawberry from her lips.

We walk side by side slowly and start picking a few strawberries, putting them in the basket as we go.

"We have a lot of strawberries." I laugh softly.