Chapter 81: Unforgettable

I hear footsteps and take my eyes away from my oil painting, glancing over at the door

"Hey." I smile and continue painting.

"Hey." Michael smiles and walks over to me. "How's it going?"

"Ok." I shrug.

"Ok?" He makes a face as he traces his eyes over the piece of art. "This is amazing!"

I shake my head.

"It could be better."

"Nonsense. You don't even realise how incredibly talented you are."

I show a little smile and glance at him.

"Thank you."

"What made you want to paint a horse?"

"I just like them, I always have." I shrug. "I think they're beautifully majestic, and a lot of horse art is known to symbolise freedom, strength and power, but they can be extremely sensitive and vulnerable creatures too."

It goes silent and I notice Michael doesn't say anything. I look up from the painting and see a big smile on his face which makes me embarrassed and I laugh softly.

"I'm an animal lover, you know that."

"I do." He nods and bites his lip.

It falls silent again and I feel Michael watching me while I try to focus on the painting.

"I thought you had work today?"

"Is that your way of telling me to get out and leave you alone?" He laughs.

"Maybe..." I smirk.

"I'm not working today."

"So, you're gonna watch me and annoy me all day instead?"

"Maybe." He grins and sits down.

"Great." I give him the side eye and giggle.

Silence fills the room again, but I can't really concentrate anymore. From the corner of my eye, I notice Michael fidgeting around, jogging his leg and playing with his hands.

"It's a nice day today." He said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah..."

He seems anxious or something? I can feel he's different. I stop painting and meet his gaze.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah." He nods, looking blankly.

I give him a look and go back to my painting.

"You're acting weird."

"I'm fine." He laughs softly.

"Mmm..." I hum, not believing him.

"Did you want to do anything today?"

"Umm..." I sigh. "I don't know? You seem like there's something on your mind. What did you want to do?"