Chapter 88: A Work of Art

I take a swig from the bottle of vodka, tears stinging and blurring my vision. I look down at the photo album on my lap and open it. I look at every single photo and cry, wishing this wasn't happening, wishing you were here... we were so happy... I cry harder... the more pictures I look at, the more memories I remember - happy memories.

I stare at the pictures of Maya sat on my lap in a cocktail bar we went to once with Wes and Amy. I'll always remember that night. We had such a good time. I stroke the picture as the memories come flooding back...

"Get a rooooom!" Wes teased.

"Shut up." I shoot him a look.

Amy tuts and slaps his arm.

"Ignore him." She holds up her phone and smiles at us. "You guys look so cute and all loved up. Let me take a picture."

We both show a big, cheesy grin as Amy snaps away.

"Beautiful! Now, act like I'm not here and give each other a kiss."

Maya and I laugh and look at each other, feeling a bit embarrassed. I plant a kiss on her lips, and then Maya kisses my cheek.

"Aw, the pictures are cute! I'll send them to you."

I hold my face in my hands and sob. I shake my head, feeling myself get angry.

"Fuck!" I shout.

I slam shut the photo album and throw it on the bed. I take another big gulp of vodka and storm out of the bedroom. I can't take this anymore. I rush down the stairs, but stumble on the last few steps.

"Michael?" My mother calls out.

I breathe heavily as I reach for the front door.

"Daddy?"

I stop and turn around, seeing Scarlett stood in the hallway. I frown as tears roll down my cheeks. She looks sad and frightened...

My mother appears in the hallway now with Mikey next to her, holding her hand. He looks sad too.

"Daddy has to go." I said, my voice breaking from my emotions.

"Where?" Scarlett frowns.

Fuck. She looks just like her mother. I can't speak... if I do, I'll just cry. I shake my head and open the front door.

"Michael!" My mother shouts and rushes over to me. "Where are you going?! You're drunk!"

"I need to go!"

"You're not going any where in this state!"

"Daddy." Mikey said, on the verge of tears.

"Please, stop, you're scaring the children." My mother begs.

I swing open the door and go over to my car, taking the keys out from my pocket.

"Michael, don't you dare!" My mother shouts. "Kids, stay in the house!" She ordered before rushing over to me.

I try to open the car, but I drop the keys. I'm not seeing straight... or thinking straight.

"Mike?" I hear Wesley's voice.

He's just pulled up in his car and got out.

"Wesley, do something! He's drunk!"

I finally unlock the car, but just as I open the door, Wesley grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"What the fuck are you doing, man?!"