A promise for the future

So just like that, Namjoon graduated high school, and he got into his dream university to study literature as he wished, and much to everyone's surprise, Yoongi too got in there for his business studies.

Yoongi's parents couldn't care less; they were still distant, and they neither cared about Yoongi going into college nor even getting admitted to the most prestigious university in the country. They gave him access to the trust fund his grandparents left for him and plainly told him to ask for more money if he wanted. He even introduced Taehyung to them at a brunch while they came home one day, but they were very unwelcoming and silent through the brunch, which made Taehyung awkward. Yoongi promised not to let him go through such things ever again.

Eugene just happened to move back to the town by the middle of the school year and ended up dating Jin, which was shocking for everyone at first.Jungkook no longer hated Eugene; he was relieved that she is now with someone and won't come in between them as he feared.The one thing that Namjoon understood by dating was that he had a very jealous and possessive boyfriend, and it's not good to mess with him when it comes to their relationship. He is extremely scary and difficult to deal with if he gets possessive; otherwise, he is just a sweet bunny boy still. And as for Jackson, he ended up getting a girl pregnant, thereby ending his sexual adventures, and is now expecting to be a father of twins anytime soon.

The Kims decided to have a small going away party for their son and Yoongi. They both were moving out and were driving to their campus the next day. There were not many people invited, just the family: Hobi, Jimin, Jin, and Eugene.

"This is not Namjoon's work!" Eugene looked at the cookies that were on the table.
Namjoons smiled proudly at her with his dimples on display, sitting on the couch and cuddling his boyfriend. Everyone looked sceptical when he gave them the cookies; no one was ready to eat them considering that the dimpled boy, despite his high IQ, is a disaster in the kitchen.

Yoongi bit into the cookie nervously, not sure how it tasted, and his eyes went wide as soon as the sweet buttery, chewy cookie touched his tongue.
"No shit!!" Yoongi  laughed
"Yoongi! Language!" Minah rolled her eyes while she kept food on the dining table for their dinner.
"Sorry mom!!" He scratched his head, earning a laugh from everyone around him.

Yep!! He was part of the family now. As a graduation gift, Taehyung gave Yoongi a promise ring because, according to him, he is a guy magnet and he is going to be wildly popular once he goes off to college. He didn't want anyone to think that his man was available. Yoongi proudly wore it and promised to be the one who would propose when the time came.

"Yes! I made it," Namjoon said.
"But this is good!" Hobi said, frowning.
Namjoon snorted, offended. "What does that even mean?"
"The fact that you burned down my kitchen trying to make instant ramen and the way this cookie tastes, it doesn't match, bro!!" Yoongi said still not believing.
"That old news, Hyung, he now has a boyfriend who is an expert cook." Tae said to Yoongi:

"Jungkook sure needs the Nobel Prize for patience if there is one; to teach Joonie cooking needs that and more," Minah said as she came to the living room, joining the kids.
"Mom!!!" Joon called out
"Sorry, but it's true. I don't know how he did it. I mean, you are my son otherwise." She showed a throat-slitting action, which made everyone laugh.

"And you, why are you laughing? You are the same too; you pester poor Jungkook for food since you can't even fry an egg; how are you going to take care of yourself, huh?'" Haneyol scolded Taehyung.
"Ok now!! Why am I the victim? My boyfriend here cooks very well. Thank you very much. So he will take care of me and himself." Tae hugged Yoongi while Haneyol shook his head in disappointment.
Yoongi smiled fondly and put an arm around him.

It was late at night when everyone left, back to their homes. Jungkook and Taehyung were keeping away the leftovers and cleaning the kitchen. Yoongi and Haneyol were in discussions about his trip tomorrow. Namjoon was about to join them when Minah grabbed his hand and led him to their backyard.