Solace

"Kookie..are you ok? You look really tired". Haneyol asked as he was sitting down for dinner.
"I'm ok, dad. I slept after coming back thats why" Jungkook answered
"Have dinner and go to bed early, both of you.
I m taking away your games for a while, it's not okay to lose sleep and get sick for that." He said firmly
Both Taehyung and Jungkook nodded  and began to serve food for themselves "

"Were's Joonie, didn't you call him" Minah asked noticing the empty seat while she came back from the kitchen.
"He said he was not hungry." Tae said glancing at Jungkook, who was keeping his head down and poking the meat on his plate with his fork.
Minah sighed and sat down on her chair "We just went away for like two days and now One is on a hunger strike and another one is sick. I'm never leaving these kids alone again."
She shook her head in disbelief
"ok, both of you finish dinner and tell Joon I'll keep something in the fridge if he gets hungry later."
"Ok mom" Tae answered her phone hile continuing his dinner

...

Later that night, Jungkook laid on his bed, unable to sleep yet again, this time for a whole different reason ,his mind full of Namjoon and their little interaction at the library.He knew Joon skipped dinner because of him.He might have felt awkward to face him.
Jungkook woke up slowly and walked to the kitchen. He took out the food from the fridge, and heated it up in the microwave and walked to Joon's room and knocked.

"Yeh, come in." His deep voice answered from i side.Jungkook slowly opened the door and inside. Joon immediately stood up from his seat seeing him.
"Koo.."
He kept the food on Joon's table.
"Eat..don't starve because of me, and he walked back."
Joon saw him walking back and followed him out of the door.
"Koo, please stay.." he called
Jungkook stopped and turned to look at the elder.
"Look..I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable... I really am" he said, keeping his voice low not to wake up his parents or brother.
Jungkook just stood there looking at the floor.
"Koo .. Please talk to me; I'm ashamed of myself for doing that. I understand that you don't like it. I respect that .I won't ever repeat it, but please don't be mad at me. "
Namjoon noticed a small sound coming from Jungkook and found that he was actually crying.
Namjoon's eyes went wide seeing the tears that was falling yo the floor "Oh god..sorry, so sorry, koo..shit. I'm messing up stuff again..i swear I won't ever do that ever again..please don't hate me..and please don't cry. It breaks my heart to see that I made you cry."

He continued to sob, he kept a hand on his mouth to try to control the noise
"Shit..I ..I 'll call mom and dad. " Joon panicked seeing him cry like that and started to go towards their parents' room while Koo looked up.
"Hyung.." he called softly
"Yes.." Joon immediately turned back raising his eyebrows
He looked at joon with his big doe eyes , his lashed were tear soaked,
"Hyung " he called again.
Joon nodded asking him to continue
I..i like you.."he said almost whispering .
Namjoon gasped loudly."Koo..you..what..no..its ok you don't..you don't have to say.."
He stopped crying and wiped his tears.
"I know I should not feel that way about you. It's wrong. You guys gave me a home and a life. Mom and dad treated me just like Tae, and this is not how I wanted to act. I feel so guilty. But I've seriously never felt anything like this before" he sniffled , almost on the verge of crying once again ,his voice cracked as he talked
"I don't know what to do, and I don't want to live like a stranger to you..but i really don't want to be ungrateful too..I'm so sorry, Hyung. " tears escaped his eyes once again

Namjoon took a deep breath, for a moment he didn't know what to do but he immediately came to his senses and had a huge urge to protect the boy in front of him from all the sadness and wipe away his tears .And  This time Namjoon didn't hold back; he walked forward and hugged the younger's entire body in his large frame, allowing him to cry into his chest.
He hugged him tightly.

They both didn't talk anything for a few minutes. And all they both could hear was Namjoon's breathing sound and Jungkook's quiet sobs. When he finally felt Jungkook calming down, Joon lifted the younger by his chin with his hands and gave him a loving peck on the forehead.
"I like you too..its understood..but I think I should just say since you know ,you confessed and i was halfway to my confession in the library..I feel the same way..i spent these last few months battling the same dilemma too.But it's our life..we get to decide what we want to do." He said running his hands through Jungkook's hair

"But hyung.."
Namjoon took another deep breath "I'm not forcing you to act upon every feeling you have, but the guilt you have is pointless, that's all I'm saying. The rest is up to you; I won't ever make a move on you until you decide you want them yourself. i m sorry if i did came out like flirting before... It was not ny intention to do that, but it just came out involuntarily..I'll act more mature.And until you say that this is never happening..which I sincerely hope you won't..I will wait..until you decide..and I will respect your decision no matter what it is."
Jungkook looked at him surprised 

"Now..if it's not too much to ask..can I give you one more peck?" Namjoon asked with a small smile on his lips
Jungkook gulped down and nodded slightly ,giving permission .
Namjoon leaned forward and gave a feather kiss on his fluffy cheeks that he always loved.
He smiled and wiped the younger 's face with his hands and moved his hair back to see his eyes.
"Go to sleep. Don't think about such things now.Take your time , and i promise to act more mature from now on..don't stop talking to me because of this..please"
Jungkook nodded, a small smile appearing on his face
"Goodnight koo"
"Goodnight hyung.."
They both went their ways to their own rooms  and laid  on their beds with a calm and happy mind .

——

Meanwhile...

"So..!?" Haneyol asked softly to his wife raising his eyebrows in question
Min ah closed the door of their bedroom she was peeking through, slowly and turned looking surprised and confused at the same time "I always thought it would be Tae and Jungkook..but it's Joon!!.."

"Joon?  He likes boys now?!" Haneyol was shocked
"Yeah, I think so.." She said keeping her hands on hips
"So you are saying we are getting two son-in-law s and no daughter-in-laws" Chaneyol asked
"Guess so," Minah smiled.
"What happened there..are they fighting ?"
" No i think they are worried about what we will think"
"Should we talk to them?"
"No, they will know that we eavesdropped. It's bad enough that I did. And I trust my children. They will come to us when the time is right. Now we need to give them time to figure it out, especially Kook." She said while sitting on the bed

"He must be feeling conflicted." Haneyol said pulling the blanket over himself."
"Yeah..i guess the whole headache and hunger strike thing is somehow because of this"
Haneyol nodded "Hmm..but keep an eye on both of them ,especially Kookie..he just recently recovered from a trauma, and I don't want him to go through anymore problems again. Joonie also has a bad history with his ex . Promise me if you think this whole thing is stressful for them, we will intervene even if they don't tell us."
Minah nodded in agreement.

—-
They have cool parents ☺️