Moving On

Warning :not a well written chapter😬🥲🥲

"Mom, I'm going out; I'll be having dinner out."
Jungkook said while putting on his jacket.
"Oh, you are! Are you going with Tae and Yoongi?" Minah asked
"No, I'm meeting a friend."
"Ohh ok!! You know the curfew time."
He nodded in response.

Namjoon, who was sitting on the couch reading, looked at him walking out. Jungkook didn't even glance at him once; it's been their new normal. It's been almost a month, and Jungkook hadn't spoken more than 5 words since their breakup, or came to ask for help with studies and it was hurting Namjoon like hell, but he knew that he himself had invited that pain into his life and decided to endure it silently.
But it was a Saturday night, and he knows Tae goes out with Yoongi on most weekends, but Jungkook stays inside his room playing games or painting or just helping dad and mom in kitchen with cooking.But today was different, and he didn't know that the younger had any friends who were close enough to go out with.

"Where did he go?"
Namjoon asked as he opened the door to Tae and Jungkook's shared room, where Taehyung was getting ready to go out for his movie date.
" Who?!" Tae ignored  his clumsy ass brother almost, breaking the door handle while barging in.
He sighed, "Jungkook! Who else"
Tae side-eyes him and continues applying his makeup. "Why do you care?"
"Tae, I asked where he went; he never goes out."
"I said it's none of your business. If he wanted you to know, he would have told you, wouldn't he? And what's he supposed to do just because you broke up with him? Stay inside forever?" he scoffed.
"Tae, don't act smart on me and tell me where the fuck did he go and who is he meeting?!
Tae threw his makeup brush to the bed, gritting his teeth. "Don't you dare raise your voice at me..who are you to keep tabs on him? He will meet whoever he likes..fuck off."

Namjoon took a deep breath. He realised he sounded like a total dick, raising his voice to his brother, "Tae please." He begged in a softer tone.
Tae sighed and looked at him, knowing that the elder was not going to give up. "He is meeting Hobi Hyung. I don't know why! I didn't ask. Happy!!"
"Hobi..! Why?!" Namjoon looked at him, surprised.
"I don't know. They are going to some restaurant."
"Like a date?"
"Maybe!! I didn't ask ,dumbass. I told you.!Feeling sad now? You know what I'll be celebrating the day he finds someone else. And Hobi Hyung is far better. At least he is not ashamed like you. I wish he had asked him out before you and he had agreed to date him. My poor baby would have been happy instead of crying to sleep for days."

"Tae.." Namjoon began to talk but Taehyung cut him off. "Yeah..and what made me more angry is that you knew i  was bullied for being gay..your best friend got expelled from his school for being gay..and you still sat there and watched your own boyfriend get bullied for the same thing?!"
Namjoon's eyes went wide hearing that.. He didn't know that Taehyung and Jungkook knew about it.

Tae scoffed, seeing Namjon's face: "Yoongi told me you dumbass. I can't believe you did that. I was a bit sympathetic to you ,I know coming out is tough. Maybe that's why you were acting like a dick. But no one is asking you to announce your sexuality to the world. You stood there and watched him being bullied. Even better, that asshole Jackson called me, him, and your best friend names,Kookie was almost groped. You still hide there, like..afraid that if you react, it will be like announcing to the world that you like men. You didn't even think for a moment that before all this you were his friend. He is in our family's protection. He was in need of help, and he is too soft to defend himself from bullies like him."

Namjoon stood there dumbstruck as Tae fired him.

"Unbelievable!!! you disappoint me..kookie must be an angel to forgive you and not say anything, but I'm not him..you suck..and you have hurt him and he didn't deserve any of your doing..and no, we haven't told Kookie about that incident yet! And I know Hobi Hyung knows if he tells him I'm not responsible."

Tae  shoved Namjoon aside and walked out angrily.

Namjoon stood there feeling more ashamed and guilty than before , he went back to his room slowly with tears falling down his eyes.
Taehyung's words hurt him, but he knew he was in the wrong there. But what was disturbing him more was that Jungkook was out with Hobi that night, and he didn't have any right to say anything. He asked for time, but it's been a long time and he hadn't even made an attempt to talk to Jungkook; it's natural for him to move on. But he wondered if Hobi was really trying to date him again; he knew about his interest in the Younger , and since they were already broken up, Hobi might have taken it as a chance to proceed with his crush. And if they did date, he couldn't say anything or do anything other than watch.

—-

Namjoon had a sleepless night, and he felt like his head was going to explode with the headache and everything that was inside his mind. He decided to talk to Hobi about it as he didn't know what else to do; he didn't know what he was going to talk about or anything, but his mind was going paranoid, so he decided to stop by Hobi's house the next day.

He met Hoseok's mom, while she was on her way out of home to attend a party and she informed that he and Jimin were up in his room watching a movie

Namjoon slowly walked to his room,still confused about what he wanted to ask .He still doesn't know why he was there. He heard sounds from an action movie from inside. He knocked on Hobi's door, but there was no answer. The movie was playing really loud, and they probably didn't hear it .so he slowly opened the door, only to find Hobi on top of Jimin kissing him, Jimin's shirt was almost off his body and was  grinding himself onto Hobi. Jimin's eyes opened for a  flash of a second between the makeout session , and he screamed murder, seeing Joon there and pushed Hobi off of him.

"Shit dude, where did you come from,?" Hobi yelled while trying to get up from the floor he fell into.
"I'm so sorry your mom said you were watching a movie. Damn sorry. !!" Joon turned around as Jimin frantically tried to put back his clothes and covered his boner with a pillow.
——-

"Fuck!!"  Namjoon  mumbled, "I'm so sorry," , He apologised as Jimin left to let them talk.
Hobi sighed "It's okay. Thank God you came. I would have fucked him right here if you hadn't come...and it wasn't the best idea if you ask me..Anyways,What happened? Why are you here?" He asked while downing some water
Namjoon looked down and went silent for a moment "I don't even know. I was going crazy, I guess."

"Jungkook again?!" Hobi asked
Joon looked at Hobi with big eyes and nodded
"I was an idiot. I thought you and him. ..Damn!!I'm becoming more and more pathetic. I wish school ended and I could finally go away from all these" he groaned
Hobi left out a laugh "Ahh, you thought he was on a date with me yesterday! Tae told me that He told you that.

It was not a date. Actually, Jimin asked me to go to this restaurant, and when I was talking to Jungkook, he said he didn't have any plans, so I stupidly invited him. I didn't know Jimin liked me that way, and he wanted to be alone with me .He got all teary eyed and shit after Jungkook left thinking that i was trying to date Jungkook again..and he confessed..and It escalated pretty fast..you saw what happened after that!. I was blind the entire time..I mean, I had him all along..and I didn't even realise. He cried in front of me and I immediately began rethinking every damn thing i ever did..I was so stupid"

Joon heard Hobi's confession with glassy eyes , the night Jungkook confessed to him came to his mind, he remembered how much courage it took Jungkook to finally admit it to him . He rubbed his eyes in frustration and rested his head on his friend's shoulder, knowing very well that he messed up.
"I'm so pathetic, Hoba."
"You are not and even if you are the kid loves you...still..Trust me." He said
"He said that!" Joon looked up
Hobi sighed "He didn't have to. It's in his eyes.
All you have to do is stop whining like an idiot, apologise, and grow a damn backbone."